Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Official 2006 Buffalo Bills Thread

Jauron's main problem in Chicago was his undying loyalty to OC John Shoop who was responsible for some of the worst offensive playing calling I have ever seen. I mean zero routes on 3 and 6, run for 4 yards on first down and never again on second down, then it got real awful with Kordell Stewart at QB when he started running the option out of the wishbone (god I wish I was kidding). From what I can gather Jauron was given the option of firing his offensive staff or be fired himself. He choose to stick by Shoop. He was always a solid defensive coach that the players seemed to like.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jauron's main problem in Chicago was his undying loyalty to OC John Shoop who was responsible for some of the worst offensive playing calling I have ever seen. I mean zero routes on 3 and 6, run for 4 yards on first down and never again on second down, then it got real awful with Kordell Stewart at QB when he started running the option out of the wishbone (god I wish I was kidding). From what I can gather Jauron was given the option of firing his offensive staff or be fired himself. He choose to stick by Shoop. He was always a solid defensive coach that the players seemed to like.

[/ QUOTE ]

and what a great introduction for our new head coach.... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

...yaaayyyy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Losman should not have been a first round pick to begin with. Yes Aikman and Bradshaw and other great QBs struggled early on but Losman does not have the potential to turn into an excellent NFL QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you have a different definition of 'potential' but I inteperate it as having the necessary phsyical attributes to play at a high level in the NFL. I'm not terribly optimistic about JP but he clearly has the arm and the athleticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did Rob Johnson [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know so did Jeff George Ryan Leif and 100 other guys with cannon arms who sucked. Still, it is blatantly incorrect to say JP doesn't have potential IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

McGahee, I never said that JP has no potential, I just don't believe he has the potential to turn into a great QB. I don't think he has the potential to put up numbers that would put him in the top 10 or 15 QBs in the league. Of course I could be wrong.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<<< Not optimistic about J.P. Losman.

Seriously, is there a reason we just can't play Holcomb until something better comes along? Holcomb once threw for 439 yards in a playoff game - it's not like every other team has Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. You can win with guys like Holcomb. Until further notice you most certainly CANNOT win w/ J.P. Losman.

I actually kinda like Jauron btw. Could've done much worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that a good team can win with Holcomb as their QB. Most Bills fans hate him because he threw a 1 yard pass to Moulds in New England on 4th&7, which IMO is ridiculous, because he was one of the reasons we were in that game and we lost to NE by 28 points at home w/ JP at QB.

The problem of course is that this is not a "good team" so we might as well give JP a chance this year since they're not going to win with either QB in there. I mean if Holcomb plays the whole year and we go 7-9 instead of 5-11 what good does that really do?
Old 08-04-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Losman should not have been a first round pick to begin with. Yes Aikman and Bradshaw and other great QBs struggled early on but Losman does not have the potential to turn into an excellent NFL QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you have a different definition of 'potential' but I inteperate it as having the necessary phsyical attributes to play at a high level in the NFL. I'm not terribly optimistic about JP but he clearly has the arm and the athleticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob Johnson was a great competitor, excellent athelete and a good leader. Unfortunately, he isn't a QB. He should've been a linebacker or something, instead - he never had that innate ability for the quick release or finding the open seam like a good QB needs.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:00 PM

Oh, and for those who don't know, Bills.com has been doing a good job of getting Jauron's PC up every day after practice(usually have to wait a couple hours after the day ends), as well as an 8-10 minute highlight video from that day, with a "headline story". Very well done so far.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob Johnson was a great competitor, excellent athelete and a good leader. Unfortunately, he isn't a QB. He should've been a linebacker or something, instead - he never had that innate ability for the quick release or finding the open seam like a good QB needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLOMGHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:07 PM

I was always a huge RJ fan, but that could be from my intense hatred of FlutieFlakes.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. His inability to get rid of the ball quick enough was pretty much the sole reason for his inept play. He had a lot more guts than anyone ever gave him credit for - just watch the Titans game. Of course if Flutie ever led a 2 minute drive to set up the apparant game winning FG with a missing shoe, ESPN would've blown their load for months about what a courageous performance it was.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. His inability to get rid of the ball quick enough was pretty much the sole reason for his inept play. He had a lot more guts than anyone ever gave him credit for - just watch the Titans game. Of course if Flutie ever led a 2 minute drive to set up the apparant game winning FG with a missing shoe, ESPN would've blown their load for months about what a courageous performance it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have this game on tape somewhere. I always try to convince them that Johnson won that game for them, but nobody ever believes me. The fans also forget that they had no offensive line(still don't), he took beating after beating and kept getting up and trying.