Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Looking down on smokers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And yet, you are more worried about them being worried about thier drapes, then you are about doing something productive. Mind your own business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I say that I was worried about it, or cared? I merely said that smoking is signal to me that someone is not too bright, and smoking outside in the rain is even dumber. There is no law against being stupid. And as long as others being stupid doesn't affect me, I often find it a source of amusement. Like posters who jump me about something I didn't say.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have had some thoughts/worries/concerns, to post it. Im done with this thread, too much football to argue.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:40 PM

Yeah I generally think its pretty pathetic. My fav. is watching people desparatly trying to lite one up when the wind is blowing or trying to drive and lite one up.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:53 PM

I still smoke, and it really doesn't matter to me if people think I'm being stupid. As I once said in a reply to daryn, people are absolutely right to assume smokers are generally less intelligent than those who do not smoke. Smoking is a silly, unintelligent thing to do.

All I ask is for people not to attempt lecturing me about it. My patience is very short with those who say things like, "Don't you know what you're doing to yourself? Those things will kill you!"

I always want to tell them, "Gee... thanks, buddy! If you hadn't come along, I probably would have never known the dangers of these evil sticks. Man, I can't believe no one told me sooner!"

Yes, smoking is stupid. People who smoke should expect others to think less of them. But non-smokers really need to stop trying to 'inform' us about the consequences of our behavior. We already know, and those who think they are helping by telling us the dangers often make themselves appear even less intelligent than we do.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:58 PM

I don't look down on the females that smoke

If she smokes, she pokes
Old 01-01-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still smoke, and it really doesn't matter to me if people think I'm being stupid. As I once said in a reply to daryn, people are absolutely right to assume smokers are generally less intelligent than those who do not smoke. Smoking is a silly and unintelligent thing to do.

All I ask is for people not to attempt lecturing me about it. My patience is very short with those who say things like, "Don't you know what you're doing to yourself? Those things will kill you!"

I always want to tell them, "Gee... thanks, buddy! If you hadn't come along, I probably would have never known the dangers of these evil sticks. Man, I can't believe no one told me sooner!"

Yes, smoking is stupid. People who smoke should expect others to think less of them. But non-smokers really need to stop trying to 'inform' us about the consequences of our behavior. We already know, and those who think they are helping by telling us the dangers often make themselves appear even less intelligent than we do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo, people can think whatever they want but when someone comes up to me and tells me how bad smoking is, I get the urge to do something very bad to them.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:16 PM

Cola, smoking isn't stupid. Smoking is unwise. Do you see the difference?
Old 01-01-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guids, obviously you must smoke. I was especailly tying this to work - I wonder how much time smokers waste on their smoke breaks. And if I saw a boss out there smoking, I would lose a lot of resect for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you think about people who are overweight? What do you think about people with gambling problems? Also less respect for them?
Excuse them for not being as perfect as you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very rarely does a gambling problem affect another persons health, and an obese person doesn't affect another persons health besides hereditarty traits.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoking is both stupid and unwise.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take that as a no.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take that as a no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I would rise above posting stuff from the dictionary.