Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 12:06 PM

Default Re: PLO 2k weird spot

[ QUOTE ]
you need a new site (2 As and a [censored] flop) but otherwise played it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

all i know is he had the damn 6 HAYACKACHCHAHACASDFLJASDFLJNOOMAHATRACKERHYACHAKAH CAHAY
Old 08-03-2006, 12:51 PM

Ahnuld: Having KK or something in this spot is REALLY, REALLY bad compared to 3457 with one or dual suits or so. Basically any big pair except AA only has worth when it hits a set, and in a re-raised pot like this, having KK/QQ is REALLY bad.

Do you play a lot of omaha?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:01 PM

I realise the bare KK QQ is bad, but I could see it alot in a hand like KQQJ or KKJT suited. I havent played for a bit and never more than 400pl but I played enough.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you play a lot of omaha?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:23 PM

Yeah a bit, do you think I'm wrong in this Parlay?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:32 PM

My question was mostly just curiousity.

But since you asked..

I talked about this hand pretty extensively with a few friends before results were posted yesterday. My anlaysis was this isn't a situation where UTG is ever shoving some weaker made hand to fold out Hero's "obvious AA" in order to create some profitable parlay of a situation.

The pot is 6.5k, and he's got 3k. If he likes what he has (where that is heavily weighted towards a 6), he's just gonna shove it all in. Shoving something like A345 has basically no value for him either. I think it is a fold.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is there a reason this hand is in HSNL?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where its supposed to go, according to mat sklansky. I dont feel like finding the link but if u search around (should be in response to kkf/fish2plus2 post) u can find it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Link

I'm a small stakes (PLO 100-600) player who used to specialize in PLO and still plays it a lot. I didn't want to bump the other thread so I'm going to say this here. I find it bizarre that you guys want to get advice from HSNL players on PLO. Sure, there are a few HSNL people who play PLO, but there are a lot more who don't. Plus, there are high stakes PLO players like BluffTHIS who post in PLO. I get why you guys wouldn't want to take advice from a small stakes player, but would you really want to take advice from an inexperienced HSNL player or a winning PLO 200 player? This opinion is confirmed by some of the advice in this thread.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:38 PM

It's cuz a lot of the guys who play high-stakes omaha are the same guys who play high-stakes holdem, nothing more than that.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:11 PM

And obviously the situation is bad if people aren't getting reponses to their posts in the PLO board - and obviously this is not the long term solution. But this was recommended by Mat Skalanaksay for the time being. Tell BluffThis to respond to every post and then maybe the PLO board will pick up. He's a very good player and poster.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And obviously the situation is bad if people aren't getting reponses to their posts in the PLO board

[/ QUOTE ]

The traffic on the PLO board seems to be low, but there are plenty of good responses to each post. In fact, I'm amazed to see some very basic mistakes that people make in 5/10 PLO hands they post. I guess NL players like to spend their money at places other than the craps table?

And personally, I like this current situation of posting PLO content in the HSNL section. NL has become very boring to me since I gave it up about a year ago to concentrate on PLO. Watching paint dry offers more excitement. The only brightspot has been that HSNL show on GSN. I notice that the game resembles a Party PLO25 game where one person raises preflop and about 3 or 4 other people call. Then they try to outplay each other on the flop and turn often pushing hard with flush draws and calling to hit their inside straights.

So if you post PLO stuff on this board, I'll start reading this board. Maybe NL deserves a second chance!