Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Yet Again Stars Shows It\'s Superiority

[ QUOTE ]
It's not, it's a player search feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you'll not pass the sarcasm test.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If Stars is so great and Party sucks so much, why does Party have tens of thousands more players every night?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party got a gigantic windfall from the WPT years ago, and Stars (along with Full Tilt recently) have been the only ones to keep pace at all. Party is 50% bigger than Stars, but Stars is 150% bigger than Full Tilt/Poker Room/Paradise, who are the 3rd/4th/5th biggest, and 300% bigger than everyone else

Size begets size in online poker, and it will take an awful lot to catch up to Party, but Stars has done a much better job than anyone else.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:39 PM

anyone know if these fpp go towards clearing bonus?

also, did everyone get an email, i don't see one
Old 08-02-2006, 11:53 PM

there's no way the FPP's would count towards clearing a bonus.

also, they did not send the survey out to everyone (at least, I didn't get one).
Old 08-03-2006, 12:09 AM

I didn't get one.

Rigged.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If Stars is so great and Party sucks so much, why does Party have tens of thousands more players every night?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party got a gigantic windfall from the WPT years ago, and Stars (along with Full Tilt recently) have been the only ones to keep pace at all. Party is 50% bigger than Stars, but Stars is 150% bigger than Full Tilt/Poker Room/Paradise, who are the 3rd/4th/5th biggest, and 300% bigger than everyone else

Size begets size in online poker, and it will take an awful lot to catch up to Party, but Stars has done a much better job than anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of a windfall? Stars has had the last three ME champs, Moneymaker having qualified through Stars should be worth his weight in gold. I think that Stars not offering RB is and was a colossal mistake. I really think that Stars' interface leaves a lot to be desired, and Partys is simpler and easier.

I really don't know the origin of Party's dominance, when the 2003 ME ocurred which one was bigger?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:36 AM

How can you say Party's interface is better???

The table lists are outdated and slow. There is no popup for tourny starts that you are registered in. If there is a table move/break, your table just disappears half the time and you have to click off/click on your name and click 'take seat' in the tourney lobby to get back in the tourney, not to mention it hogs 99% memory half the time.

Party SUCKS. (minus the insane amount of fish + unmentionable, which I have, and still won't play there)
Old 08-03-2006, 12:53 AM

Party took over from paradise as the big dog years ago just before pokerstars came out.Paradise at the time was by far the best site with best software but insisted on not coming out with multi tourneys.Party took advantage of this and along with the party poker million which was a huge success.Along with their affiliate program,skins and constant bonus promotion they completely took off from everyone.Pokerstars has made huge strides and have really targeted partys weaknesses by making better software,better customer service,better fpp etc.-but it still hasnt been enough.In the last month Ive gone back to playing paradise and have really enjoyed the better software and stars is agruably better than paradise.When I run party at the same time -my computer slows right down almost to a halt-but if I close party I have no problems.This monster promotion sucks and I have had to deal with party support this past 2 weeks and it has been a complete nightmare.But the bottom line is even with all this party still is the best site and I continue to play there cause they have the most and best games on the net.

PS -I never was sent a survey from stars.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars have made some pretty poor business decisions, and their software interface isn't as good as Party's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you insane? Party's software is better than stars? Incase you haven't been paying attention since the most recent update Party's software barely even functions. Heavy multitabeling causes the buttons to dissapear and has caused a mass exodus of most high volume multitabelers, at least in SNGs where the problem is almost impossible to avoid. Their sheer incompetence is overwhelming. Oh yeah, and lets not forget that they have had a memory leak for month that can cripple even a fairly new computer. What's almost as embarassing is that they're never going to fix it or even acknowledge that it exists.

And what are these poor business decisions that you are talking about? Not offering rakeback? I can assure you that Lee Jones is in a much better position than you are to figure out what is best for his site and whether it is better for him to offer rakeback or not.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in the day before stars and party, paradise was the big dog with 2000 players. Pokerstars came next, being the only site offering nl and pl games with a modest 500+ customer base and growing. A year later partypoker started a really [censored] site with disconnects all the time. A little later the wpt and the poker boom began. Mike Sexton was the host and when they would break to commercial, there would be Mike doing a party.COM advertisement.

Now, to the casual player just getting started, most would listen to the "expert host" of the show they enjoy so much. Party's customer base went from 2000 to 10000 in less than 2 months. Now, it was fish central and everyone migrated to party. The disconnects were hilarious, and it lasted for a long time, but all of the suckers still played there, and in turn so did the sharks. They also began a massive affiliate program, which increased their player base even more.