Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: $1/$2 Hand from MGM - Play Each Street

I would have made it $60 to go preflop, fold to a push. Assuming he calls, I will raise all-in on any non-A/K flop if he bets into me or make a $100 bet if checked to (and cry if he pushes). If an A or K flops I will wish I had just called pf like you did in the actual hand.

The way you played preflop, I think you need to raise this flop and hope that he thinks you are trying to pick off his cbet. I'm not certain of the amount, but potish is probably good. I would probably make it $100 on top and call a push. If he just calls, push any turn.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:19 PM

$75 to go.

If he was CBing with air, this was the end anyway. If he has an overpair or an underset, it was all getting in anyway. If he has QJ, this is a good way to start incrementally pumping the pot so that he will eventually be stuck.

I'm not overly concerned about draws here.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:21 PM

not meant to be annoying. just thought it was standard. we have a set against a TAG on a two spade flop with no A or K. i raise to build pot now before any cards come on later streets to kill my action. if he folds, oh well - he was likely folding on the turn anyway (unless he makes a flush or a set, but chances of him making a set on turn are so low that it doesn't matter)
Old 08-01-2006, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he was CBing with air, this was the end anyway. If he has an overpair or an underset, it was all getting in anyway. If he has QJ, this is a good way to start incrementally pumping the pot so that he will eventually be stuck.

[/ QUOTE ]42it made it seem like villain can fold an over pair.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:22 PM

Reraise preflop to $50. Fold to a push. Assuming the action is heads up if he calls...

If the flop...

1) Contains an A or a K
... and villain leads for a large amount, then fold.
... and villian checks, and board is otherwise rags, c-bet for $80.
... and villain checks, and board is "scary" (KQJ, for example), then check behind.

2) Contains a Q
... and villain leads, then call unless there is a possible draw (2-to-a flush, two mid-connected cards like T9) in which case raise 3 times the size of his lead.
... and villain checks, then check unless there is a possible draw (2-to-a flush, two mid-connected cards like T9) in which case make a c-bet of about $80.

3) Is all under cards
... and villain leads, then call.
... and villain checks, then c-bet $80 - call a check/min-raise; fold to a check/big-raise. Things will get sticky if he check-raises and will be read-dependent. Does he really have a set? Or is he going to the felt with an overpair like TT or JJ? Did he fail to 3-bet preflop with KK or AA? Etc.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]42it made it seem like villain can fold an over pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we push now, he probably would. But if we make it look like we just have a pair, the opponent may think that it is he who has us crushed.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If we push now, he probably would. But if we make it look like we just have a pair, the opponent may think that it is he who has us crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop raise here is never 1 pair (atleast in the games I played this week).
Old 08-01-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$75 to go.

I'm not overly concerned about draws here.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can get away from an overpair if I raise too much, but I think $75 would have been good.

Hero calls.

Turn (Pot is $95ish) is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Board is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero ????
Old 08-01-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is 5 Q 6

Villain bets $30, Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $100.

Too many draws. Villain might very well have a good hand (Qx, XsXs, lower set, 56s, As Ks, etc). Get the money in while you're ahead. Slow playing on a board like this could get you into more trouble than fast play, I think.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:27 PM

If you want to gamble, then call the flop. You could slowplay and bet strongly on a safe turn.

It's true, you're only getting paid by 55, 66, a really strong combo draw like 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Maybe AQ calls you, but if he's as I doubt he calls my $130 raise with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I'm not letting a solid player draw out on me, though.

Edited: OP posted turn, so I noted that this post is for the flop.