Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Worst movies of all time

OK, a lot of retards here are naming somewhat OK movies that they personally dislike and saying "OMG Worst movie ever!" There are very few movies that are so horrible that they should qualify. I don't think B-movies should count for obvious reasons.

Battlefield Earth is the standard answer, and its hard to disagree with. Personally, I thought "The Postman" was even worse, and to back me up, it set the record for Razzies when it was released.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:15 PM

Alone in the dark

Spoiler:
<font color="white">Uwe Boll </font>
Old 07-20-2006, 02:26 PM

Showgirls is clearly one of the worst high budget big hollywood movies ever made.

However it's so terrible it's really awesome to watch, train-wreck effect... so maybe it's not that bad? Plus there are lots of naked girls.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:28 PM

this thread is not about movies you hate, it is about the worst movies ever made. the worst movie i've seend is probably Goddard's King Lear.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:28 PM

You guys have clearly never seen the Skinimax classic Lord of The G-Strings.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:02 PM

Indeed this is about movies so goddamn awful you could use them to tortue suspects for information.

They must be devoid of anything resembling a plot written by a 12 year old, and absent in all areas of recnogised cinemagraphic skill.

On that note, I'd like to prevent people listing Uwe Boll films as anything he makes instantly qualifies.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:05 PM

The answer is pretty clearly Manos: The Hands of Fate - I can't believe the hate for the Running Man, one of my all-time favorite so cheesy it's awesome films - Jesse Ventura, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Richard Dawson in the same movie?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:21 PM

The squid and the whale, a young boy rubbing against bookshelf in the library, no thanx.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:45 PM

I thought that this was settled long ago; "Plan 9 from Outer Space" is the worst film of all time.

It's really hard to top taking stock footage of Bela Lugosi and trying to add in shots of a "double" that is a foot taller and decades younger, tombstones that wave back and forth in the wind, and scenes that jump from day to night and back again. Eddie was indeed "special."

Although Ed Wood's "Crossroads of Laredo" released by his DP after Ed was dead has to be in the running as well. A non-dialog western with narration, it's another classic example of Wood's "one take" style. It should be shown in every film class as part of a lecture - Don't let this happen to you!

In more recent films, I'll nominate "Hard Candy." Relentless in it's ugliness, this film is disturbing on all kinds of levels. A teenager traps a suspected pedophile and tortures and eventually gets him to commit suicide. The castration scene is just the begining of many things that only the Marquis de Sade could love about this film.

Shauna
Old 07-20-2006, 03:58 PM

I watched Plan 9 and Manos in the same night of a bad movie marathon (along with Troll 2, Barbarella, and Mack and Me), and Manos is definitely worse. Plan 9 at the very least doesn't chop off the actor's heads while they're talking.