Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 09:57 AM

Default Re: $109s: Curtains hand, interesting isolation play.

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains, why would you go out of your way in the sng to explain that you misread your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

because you want them to believe that you're a super-tight nit. i think it's a good idea to claim it's a misread even you did it on purpose. (which you shouldn't, cause it's not a smart play).

if we say the pusher is pushing any 2 and the bb folds AA, then it's +.8%. but the pusher would be a moron to push any 2 because he has little or no FE. i'd be very surprised to see him show up with 74o. if we say the pusher pushes 50% (and bb still never calls), then it's -.3%.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:41 AM

I remember it happened when my dad was over and watching me play, not sure if that had any affect or not though. I just felt kind of silly and the opponent was a regular. I didn't want some random post by my opponent being made on 2+2 about "omg look at this push curtains just made, how can this be right?"

btw I think the push is incorrect, although a few people seem to be saying otherwise. Honestly I didn't think about it so much at the time, I was just so surprised I misread my hand.

The main reason its bad is because the BB has 1/4th of their stack in, and will thus call with a wider range than usual. It might be bad anyway, its just we cant count on them to automatically fold or anything.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Curtains, why would you go out of your way in the sng to explain that you misread your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

because you want them to believe that you're a super-tight nit. i think it's a good idea to claim it's a misread even you did it on purpose. (which you shouldn't, cause it's not a smart play).

if we say the pusher is pushing any 2 and the bb folds AA, then it's +.8%. but the pusher would be a moron to push any 2 because he has little or no FE. i'd be very surprised to see him show up with 74o. if we say the pusher pushes 50% (and bb still never calls), then it's -.3%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the pusher DEFINITELY isnt pushing any 2. I forget exactly who it was but it was some regular...maybe this ronmexico guy.