Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Israel and the Nuclear Option

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clearly what you need is a large detention center created for political opponents, enemy aliens, specific ethnic or religious groups or civilians of a critical war-zone.

You might want to avoid using the word concentraion camp though.

[/ QUOTE ]

better yet we could try to install democracies in those countries.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea maybe, what ever we definately need some kind of final solution to this Muslim problem.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone does think diplomacy is an option, please explain how.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that diplomacy is an option, we wouldn't even have to negotiate with anyone. Here's how we solve this problem from the US point of view in two easy steps:

1. Get out of Iraq and Kuwait.
2. Give Israel the Cuba treatment: no more money, weapons, trade or acting as their proxy in the UN.

This is much preferable to the "Glass Parking Lot" solution. I mean, Hitler much? Here's why:
1. I'm tired of Israel abusing the Palestinians. Israel is the Apartheid South Africa of the Mideast.
2. The fact that Israel has nukes is a big reason Iran is in the process of developing them.
3. They are a pretty worthless ally. We can't use their bases or armies for our adventures because they are such an international pariah that the minute we use them we have 10x as many headaches with our other allies.
4. I don't consider Israel a real democracy because they don't let the Palestinians vote.
5. I feel bad for the ordinary palestinians, who are about to start their 4th generation in refugee camps. Israel completely dominates these territories borders and economies and even controls the taxes the Palestinian Authority levies. WTF?
6. Israel has no right to anything east of the Green Line, including East Jerusalem.
7. Iraq is a quagmire, we're killing civilians, we've done everything we can over there, yadda yadda.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. I don't consider Israel a real democracy because they don't let the Palestinians vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont consider the US a real democracy because they dont let Europeans vote.

With the ignorance you display, I'm stunned and dismayed you have the right to vote anywhere.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:38 PM

iron81,

My threads are intended for intelligent thinking people. If you cannot keep your posts based in reality stay off my thread and let the adults debate.

billucf
Old 07-16-2006, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont consider the US a real democracy because they dont let Europeans vote.

With the ignorance you display, I'm stunned and dismayed you have the right to vote anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh. The US doesn't block Europe's roads, bomb it whenever they feel like it, take Europe's land to build condos and control its borders and financial transfers.

[ QUOTE ]
iron81,

My threads are intended for intelligent thinking people. If you cannot keep your posts based in reality stay off my thread and let the adults debate.

billucf

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean not based in reality? The reality is there are two sides to the issue and shouldn't someone be taking the Palestinians side in this thread? Or can your side just not stand up to debate?
Old 07-16-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where's the option for getting the hell out of lebanon completely and not being such a nasty and brutish country?

[/ QUOTE ]

right, and just let hezbollah continue to fire missiles into heavily populated cities in israel. I would love to see canada launch some missiles into your neighborhood and see how you react when your government does nothing.

I am comforted by the notion that the people defending hezbollah are the dumbest members of this board.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean not based in reality? The reality is there are two sides to the issue and shouldn't someone be taking the Palestinians side in this thread? Or can your side just not stand up to debate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your astute observation that Palestinians dont get to vote (the Israelis elected Hamas I suppose), debating would be as fruitful as discussing this issue with a cow.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with people like you is that you don't know the facts. Arabs are allowed to vote in israel. How many jews are allowed to vote in iran??

Did you know that there is an arab on israel's supreme court? his name is Salim Jubran. How many jews do you think would be allowed on the iranian or syrian supreme court??
Old 07-16-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where's the option for getting the hell out of lebanon completely and not being such a nasty and brutish country?

[/ QUOTE ]

right, and just let hezbollah continue to fire missiles into heavily populated cities in israel. I would love to see canada launch some missiles into your neighborhood and see how you react when your government does nothing.

I am comforted by the notion that the people defending hezbollah are the dumbest members of this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, they could, I dunno Attack Hezbollah instead of using the Hezbollah attack as a pretext to teach Lebanon/Syria a lesson. You see, you don't have to target power plants, roads and civilian airports if you don't want to. The US in Iraq does a much better job of this than the Israelis are doing. Here is how the US would handle this:

1. Direct fire on the rocket positions. The US has the technology to track incoming fire by radar and respond with artillery in about 20 seconds. I would be shocked if Israel didn't have this.
2. Special forces in Lebanon to find the rocket teams. This is doable, that area of Lebanon really isn't that big.
3. Utilize intel to actually find the missing soldiers.
4. Use special forces to recover the soldiers.

Isn't this a better method than an all out war?
Old 07-16-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with people like you is that you don't know the facts. Arabs are allowed to vote in israel. How many jews are allowed to vote in iran??

Did you know that there is an arab on israel's supreme court? his name is Salim Jubran. How many jews do you think would be allowed on the iranian or syrian supreme court??

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit that I didn't know that an arab was on the Isreali Supreme court, but I did know that Israeli Arabs had the right to vote. But you'll notice that I didn't say Arabs couldn't vote, I said Palestinians couldn't vote. The Palestinians far outnumber the Israeli Arabs and the primary reason Israel won't let them vote is so Israel can keep dominating the Palestinians without regard to their well being. And in case anyone tries to argue that it is a geographical difference (Palestine and Israel are separate countries), settlers in the West Bank can vote.

And to answer your point about Iran letting Jews vote, I bet they do to the extent that Iran is a democracy and not run by the Mullahs. I'm not aware of a significant Jewish community in Iran, but if there are a few living there, they probably fly under the radar. But even if they didn't let Jews vote, two wrongs don't make a right.