Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 12:57 AM

Default Re: WFA 7/22 (new mixed martial arts org)

Actually they just announced Hughes / St. Pierre for UFC 63. (edit from original mistake of 62)

Can't wait to see Hughes demolish him. Hopefully early with no injuries, then we can see BJ Penn vs GSP II at 64 or 65.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What site are these lines at?

[/ QUOTE ]

No lines out that I've seen.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UFC 62: Ken Shamrock and Frank Mir.

Tuds

[/ QUOTE ]

Where'd you hear that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry my bad I got my UFC PPVs mixed up. I meant UFC 61 had an oldtimer in Ken and an fighter who was clearly not ready to fight on a PPV, Frank Mir.

A new form of torture would be to have to watch those two fight.

Tuds
Old 07-18-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually they just announced Hughes / St. Pierre for UFC 62.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a correction Hughes/GSP is headlining UFC 63. Come on man get your UFC PPVs straight is it really that hard? J/K (see my previous post).

Damn man you got my hopes up there for a minute. I actually thought to myself, Chuck/Babalu, Hughes/GSP, and Forrest/Bonner, WHAT AN AMAZING CARD, well somethings are too good to be true. FYI, Forrest beats Bonner. NO DOUBT. Bonner is getting exposed on a fight by fight basis. Then Bonner will fight Bisping and lose again.

Tuds
Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 AM

My bad Tuds. updated my original mistaken post. Yeah, UFC 63 for Hughes / GSP.

You're right, that would have made a phenominal card for 62. As it is, I'm not too excited for Forrest / Bonner I think Forrest beats him handily as you mention. Hopefully we'll see some other good fights announced for 62 soon though.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually they just announced Hughes / St. Pierre for UFC 63. (edit from original mistake of 62)

Can't wait to see Hughes demolish him. Hopefully early with no injuries, then we can see BJ Penn vs GSP II at 64 or 65.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think Hughes will Demolish him? GSP has more tools in the bag to beat Hughes than almost anyone he has ever faced (except probably Penn). The first fight was going great for GSP until he made a pretty large strategic error, which I just can't see him doing again. He is young, and still growing as a fighter in tremendous steps (anyone see this guy destroy Trigg?). I really can't wait for this fight. Only fight in a long time with Hughes where I actually see him having to fight hard to win.

Also, I'm excited about the Bonner/Griffin fight. Both of these guys have refused to give up in any of there fights. It might not be the most technically sound fight, and they might not be the top tier fighters that usually headline an event, but they are both full of heart, and willing to take a severe beating in order to get a victory. This day and age of UFC, that's all I want from a fight.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:00 PM

What I don't like about Bonnar is his nickname. With a nick like American Pshyco you should be able to knock people the [censored] out.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:13 PM

Yeah, I see Hughes absolutely demolishing GSP. I think StPierre is highly overrated.

BJ Penn pretty well demolished GSP in the first round in their fight, and then for whatever reason (he gassed, was injured, whatever) he lagged the second and third and let GSP steal the fight with some takedowns (but almost no offense behind them). Yeah, I'm still bitter [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hughes will take GSP down and will ground and pound or submit via setup from strikes. Two rounds max unless they show a lot of caution on the feet and are slow getting started in which case it probably goes three rounds.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I see Hughes absolutely demolishing GSP. I think StPierre is highly overrated.

BJ Penn pretty well demolished GSP in the first round in their fight, and then for whatever reason (he gassed, was injured, whatever) he lagged the second and third and let GSP steal the fight with some takedowns (but almost no offense behind them). Yeah, I'm still bitter [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hughes will take GSP down and will ground and pound or submit via setup from strikes. Two rounds max unless they show a lot of caution on the feet and are slow getting started in which case it probably goes three rounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess we'll disagree on this one. I have a feeling there is going to be some major value on GSP. Not that I think he wins this fight a majority of time (I certainly do not), but I think he has the talent to win it more than most people think.

He did get dominated by Penn in the first round, however, Penn is a stud. The fact that GSP came back and won that fight says a lot about his heart, and determination (something he hasn't had to ever prove before). Now that I know that he has that, I know he can take a beating from Hughes and keep coming.

There are a very tiny amount of fighters that have the skills in order to beat Matt Hughes. GSP is without doubt, one of them in my opinion. I'm really looking forward to that rematch. I see possibly 5 rounds like the first round of their last fight (without the last second of that round).
Old 07-19-2006, 01:21 AM

Yeah no worries. Absolutely fine to have different opinions here - that sort of debate is usually the best kind, helping each other see the other sides. helps you be a better capper overall - I know it helps me.

I'll have to see a line and will do my normal full capping process, of course, including a good deal of tape study per usual.

Its always possible I'll see something different this time. But I'm pretty positive I'll be on Hughes when it does roll around...