Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Giving the Wal-Mart Associate an \"Extra\" Tip. Got Advice?

Walmart- The High Cost of Low Price can be downloaded from this page. It's almost halfway down the page. Just in case you're interested in becoming "hilarious".
Old 07-15-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Walmart- The High Cost of Low Price can be downloaded from this page. It's almost halfway down the page. Just in case you're interested in becoming "hilarious".

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never seen this but I've seen a couple anit-walmart videos and I've read a lot of Walmart literature (both from people that hated it and objective business/financial reports). I know a lot about Walmart. The problem with talking about this stuff is that the people that hate it and push this propoganda tend to not know anything about any non-Walmart business or even anything about Walmart that isn't "horrible"; without perspective it's a useless discussion.

I will watch this video though and let you know what I think afterward.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Buddy of mine is a garbage man he is an honest guy and hard working. He tells me he often finds stuff in the garbage at places like Wal-Mart. Stuff like an X-box and other expensive items. He thought customers must return them to the store saying they did not work and asked for a refund. So he thinks the store gave the customer the money and got a refund for the item from Microsoft and threw them out. But just to be sure he took them home and tested them.

He was surprised to find out they worked fine. I told him that the staff there must hide stuff in the garbage till they get off work and then take it home for themselves or they sell it. He refuses to believe this theory, as he would never watch someone steal in this manner and not turn them in. Yet he feels it is ok for him to keep the items as he feels he found them!?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I explained that even if his crazy theory is right he is still stealing from Microsoft but he does not or does not want to see the connection.

Sometimes we lie to ourselves so we can do stuff we know is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it's in the trash. Up for grabs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I keep it also I just don't lie to myself about the reasons it is there. I take it and I know I am stealing and I am ok with it. He takes it and he dreams up crazy reasons as to why it is there, as he could not take it if he thought it was stolen. He has maybe 5K in duplicate stuff in his garage I told him to get rid of it as he could get nailed for having stolen goods.

He is a good guy people should not trash garbage guys they make nice cash and it is real work which more of us need to do imo. He has admitted to me that the garbage company has instructed them to not even look in the bin before they dump it and they will be fired if they get caught taking anything from the trash.

He will find a set of wrenches and I will ask him why they throw those out, as it is clear they are in working condition. He will tell me that big stores throw out old inventory if it does not sell because the suppliers rebate them the money and tell them to just throw it out because it costs more to ship it back than to throw it out.

I am not saying taking it is the part that bugs me. I am amazed at the reasoning he gives himself so he feels that it is totally above board. Again I take the item but I know it is stolen goods and in a way I am stealing. I used the example to show that if people feel they can get away with something they will do it. And some people dream up crazy scenarios to make their actions more acceptable in their minds.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:53 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
Ripping off Walmart is one of the most noble things you can do. Walmart is evil. Rally 'round the family, pocket full of shells!

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you are a very intelligent person, so perhaps you could help me decide where to draw the line when it comes to Walmart. Since theft-normally a clearly immoral activity-is actually noble, no MOST NOBLE things one can do I wonder about other normally immoral activities.

What if I were to come across the CEO of Walmart, would it be noble of me to beat the [censored] out of him? You know, now that think about it, I've always been a bit of a firebug. I've resisted burning down anything major to this point, would it be noble of me to burn down Walmart stores?

Please help me out here, I'm having real trouble deciding where I can ignore my personal moral code when it comes to Walmart.

edited for a typo
Old 07-15-2006, 01:18 PM

And here I was thinking the cheesy Rage Against the Machine quote at the end of that post would make it obvious I wasn't serious.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never seen this but I've seen a couple anit-walmart videos and I've read a lot of Walmart literature (both from people that hated it and objective business/financial reports). I know a lot about Walmart. The problem with talking about this stuff is that the people that hate it and push this propoganda tend to not know anything about any non-Walmart business or even anything about Walmart that isn't "horrible"; without perspective it's a useless discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not get why people hate walmart so much? Is it because they are ruthless capitalists? I admire that, rather than hate it. Hippies.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not get why people hate walmart so much? Is it because they are ruthless capitalists? I admire that, rather than hate it. Hippies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, all the walmart hate for those reasons is kinda dumb IMO. I hate walmart and refuse to go there, but its simply because of the people that shop there. Fat White trash mom pushing her shopping cart down the middle of the [censored] isle as slow as possible with her 4 screaming kids running all around her that she makes no effort to control. I hate stupid people devoid of IQ and manners, and thats like 80% of the people in the store.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:49 PM

I hate everything about Walmart. Its stupid name. Its band of wrinkly greeters at the door. Its retarded rollback commercials. Screw Walmart.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:51 PM

Ive actually never been to a Wal-mart, as there isnt one anywhere near me that I know of, but your reason, imo, would be perfefctly valid if its true across the board.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:57 PM

Haha that reminds me one time on Black Friday my uncle got in a fight with some fat family at Walmart. I think it started because the guy budged him in line and he told him to go back and he wouldn't, so my uncle charged the guy with his shopping cart and the guy almost fell down, and a huge fat guy struggling not to fall down is f-ing unbelievably hilarious.