Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Burning Man 2006 - Any 2p2ers going?

If I had only known about this when I was younger and single... It looks awsome. I've heard about it and seen a lot of pictures.

-What are the details- when, how long, where, costs?
-Whats the guy/girl ratio?
-Is there a big bash at the end when the man is burned?
-Do the cops ever harass or bust anyone there or traveling there? (I'd be paranoid bringing anything in)
-wtf is going on at the drink bus??
Old 07-14-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At my first job a programmer took a week off to go. I remember that when he told me, I immediately thought, "I knew I didn't like him for a reason."

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a pretty uptight guy.

That picture of the OP playing giant croquet after ingesting some shrooms gives me a pretty solid erection, and I've never even done shrooms or played croquet.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sound like a pretty uptight guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't go to a planned festival in order to have fun?
Old 07-14-2006, 03:49 PM

You guys are waaaaaaay the f**k out there!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:52 PM

Eh, it's not for everyone. If your instinctive reaction to hearing about it is that you wouldn't like it, then definitely go with that.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, it's not for everyone. If your instinctive reaction to hearing about it is that you wouldn't like it, then definitely go with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spending a bunch of time in the middle of the desert in the summer does not sound like much fun. If you want to take a lot of drugs and burn a big voodoo doll that's cool, but why not do it somewhere that isn't going to be oppressively hot and disgusting?
Old 07-14-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had only known about this when I was younger and single... It looks awsome. I've heard about it and seen a lot of pictures.

-What are the details- when, how long, where, costs?
-Whats the guy/girl ratio?
-Is there a big bash at the end when the man is burned?
-Do the cops ever harass or bust anyone there or traveling there? (I'd be paranoid bringing anything in)
-wtf is going on at the drink bus??

[/ QUOTE ]

-$200 ish - labor day - black rock desert north of reno - you spend a lot more on drugs, costumes, gas, etc. - but once you get there it's almost all barter system - no ads anywhere, no $4 hot dogs or bottles of water, this is one of the very best things about BM, you have no idea what a relief it is to your soul not to be advertised to for a few days

-even, tons and tons of hot chicks who have no problem getting naked and crazy in public, although everyone can get kind of smelly by the end, sun showers are a good thing

-yes, that is the climax on sat night, but they usually have another big thing on sun night

-the nevada cops randomly decide to be dicks sometimes, not sure what the current state is, this started happening the last few times i went, worrying about cops definitely took some of the fun out of it.

-no idea about the drink bus, probably driving around giving away drinks
Old 07-14-2006, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Spending a bunch of time in the middle of the desert in the summer does not sound like much fun. If you want to take a lot of drugs and burn a big voodoo doll that's cool, but why not do it somewhere that isn't going to be oppressively hot and disgusting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's on a gigantic alkaline flat that was an ancient lake bed. Which means nothing can grow there, which means you can burn anything you want. Hence the location.

Battling, the weather adds a raw element to it that's hard to explain, but to me an integral part. It's really weird, sometimes it can be cold, sometimes rainy, sometimes you get mad storms w/80 mph winds, sometimes hot as hell. When is hot at least it's dry, and beautiful at night. Warm nights = a lot more nudity. Sometimes you get these crazy mad max dust storms, with psycho-looking characters in goggles appearing out of the haze. Those are fun as long as they don't last all day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2006, 04:05 PM

Imo, to get any fun outta this thing, youd have to be pretty experienced with hallucinigens, of which I am not, so I dont think Id enjoy it, for fear of freaking out.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's on a gigantic alkaline flat that was an ancient lake bed. Which means nothing can grow there, which means you can burn anything you want. Hence the location.

Battling, the weather adds a raw element to it that's hard to explain, but to me an integral part. It's really weird, sometimes it can be cold, sometimes rainy, sometimes you get mad storms w/80 mph winds, sometimes hot as hell. When is hot at least it's dry, and beautiful at night. Warm nights = a lot more nudity. Sometimes you get these crazy mad max dust storms, with psycho-looking characters in goggles appearing out of the haze. Those are fun as long as they don't last all day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you like it that's great, I was just explaining why a lot of pretty normal people think it sounds stupid.