Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 12:08 AM

Default Re: FT Hand Sanity Check

[ QUOTE ]

I really think this is too aggro. You raise with 76o to steal the blinds. You get called. The flop comes two broadway cards and a 2-flush. You get bet into. What is wrong with folding? I think it is a mistake to try to win the hand every time you try to steal, get called, and miss the flop. I like to play aggro on the bubble too, but there are better ways to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm always suspicious when I raise preflop and someone bets into me. Here, the guy knew I was betting 100% of the time, so it's silly for him to lead a strong hand. I think a good time to be aggressive late in an MTT is when your opponent doesn't have a strong hand.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:37 AM

the purpose of his bet is probably to see where he is at. He knows you're betting if he checks, and check calling puts him in a tough spot. A c/r would have been awesome by him, but most people don't have the balls to do it and instead donk-bet a regular c-better instead to try to slow them down. Sometimes, tricky people do it to an aggro player to induce the reraise, so that they can call, check the turn, and hopefully get a large turn bet too. But I think the board makes it unlikely that villain does this with all the draws possible. I don't think this is too aggro at all and is actually fairly standard for me.

But Noah, did you just puss out on the turn or did you have a reason? Did you have a plan for action once you were called?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:44 AM

Yeah.. I thought his bet was to see where he was at as well. So, I explained to him that he was losing.

I checked the turn because I had showdown value. I think his range after calling the flop bet is really really heavily weighted towards draws. I'm confident enough in this to call a river bet on a blank. I need all of those things to be true to check the turn.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:34 AM

I really hate checking the turn. this maybe has some showdown value on a blank (which is not that many cards), and it has a lot of win a big pot right now value. no use in keeping the pot small now, it's already pretty big. folding pre is ok, but once you choose to raise, the only good line i see here is raise his flop bet around the size that you did, and push blank turn when he checks. I honestly don't think I like anything else. if turn is not a blank, maybe check. The only other situation If you're folding the flop, fold preflop. Don't even try stealing if you're gonna play like such a girl. I'm not even being stupid here, honestly.

I think a more interesting situation would have occurred if the stacks were such that your flop raise would have to be all in.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:37 AM

wait, did he have KTss or just KT?
because if he has KTss and he doesn't check-push, he's horrible.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, did he have KTss or just KT?
because if he has KTss and he doesn't check-push, he's horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Of course he's horrible.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:41 AM

if he has KsTs, he calls my turn push and crushes me, and I look retarded. I still love my self and my line though.