Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Are these good river folds

i think there is a person folding way too much because of too much thinking - the average player does not think a tiny fraction of what you thing they think. You will encounter this amount of thinking maybe in 100+ rooms [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1) I dont think he has a K because he had c/r on the turn.
He MIGHT have trips 4 (thus a full house) but it is perfectly possible that he has a med pocket pair and simply played his hand too far - MUTB you know.... CALL

2) Flop: Raise -> there might be a bluff going. with pre-flop raise 3 and 4 are not likly cards so MP3 might as well be bluffing (semi-bluffing). make it 2 bets.
River: I do believe UTG flopped a set ...but he might as well hold AQ or even KQ. fold or call.

3)I cant find a reason to fold.....
Pre-flop is unraised so you might see all kinds of hands like A`o, A9, 79s etc so the flop callers might have top pair or even 2 pair - but you just flopped TRIPS !
I might have c/r the turn since there is not much you have to fear free card wise.

River: Hero makes it 3-bets (or calls) but NOT fold
My read on them is Top Pair and/or maybe 2 pair for BB
Possible is 68 for SB but Ax/2 pair would be played the same by most ppl - pot is fairly large we got to find out.

2)
Old 07-11-2006, 04:31 PM

no, no, no.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:41 PM

Hand1: It could be that he doesn't believe you now that the board has paired. In short handed I'd probably call every time, not too sure here. He could be betting a middle pair.

Hand2: You should have raised that flop. Now you have no idea what's going on since he probably thinks you missed. I think you have to call this.

Hand3: Raise preflop probably. I think 68 is out there or aces up. Wow, that river is a tough spot because you're not closing the action. I think you're calling 3 here most of the time. I just don't think I can fold a set there.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:45 PM

Grunching:

Hand 1:
wtf? I'd gladly pay off the river to see if our new player is actually playing w/ a 4.

Hand 2:
No flop raise!? Any case. Can't UTG have AQ here? Pot is fairly large -- call.

Hand 3:
How do we fold w/ a set here? We're probably looking at an Ace and someone w/ 2 pair. 68 is the only legitimate hand we're worried about since 8T should be checkraising you on the turn.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:32 PM

ya --- these aren't good folds at all.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:29 PM

First Hand- I am calling the river bet.

Second Hand- I would have fired again on the flop and I for sure would have at least called the river bet.

Third Hand- No way I am folding the river.