Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Verbal \"All In\" out of turn

Thank you for clarifying, Lee (both in person today and here on the boards).

To further clarify, for Don, specifically, note that Lee said that the only way the out of turn all in would not be binding is if there was GREATER action then the all in was stating. Since the button had both players covered, any size bet, lower then all in, would be irrelevant, since the button is committed to the all in action when it gets to him. $2 bets need not apply here, as the action must be greater then the bet made out of turn for it to not be binding.

The only way the button was getting out of having to go all in would be if the UTG+1 or the LP had him covered. Since neither did, the all in was binding, period.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Verbal \"All In\" out of turn

[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

You don't think the dealer should call the floor in this situation rather than simply state a decision when something strange like this has occurred?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the dealer needs to call the floor unless the players want them called or the dealer themself needs the floor. If it's a rule, then it's a rule. Just like it's a rule to allow a hand to be seen at showdown by request, no floor call needed, just state the rule (if needed) and do it.

Personally, if I get any resistance whatsoever, I call the floorperson. This is from several years of experience that can tell me if there is any type of resistance or none whatsoever. Lots of times, the players know the rules and try to angle shoot and see if the dealer knows the game. If not, then their move worked.