View Poll Results: A2-A7s. MP2. No limpers. Average players to see a flop = 3-4
Raise 12 25.53%
Call 11 23.40%
Fold 24 51.06%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Re: MISH-MASH III: THE MISHMASHENING

[ QUOTE ]
Zruvan no, my idea is correct. If you are evil and see that a non evil is abotu to be lynched and then he comes out as a villager and gives the village a "2nd chance" to get it right, that is obviously -EV for evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I see your point, I'm not sure it's correct.

Let's assume we find 2 candidates, and put votes on them. The leading vote getter drinks the potion, is a villager, and dies. We lynch our second option. He's a villager. We've lost 2 villagers, and then however many die or whatever at night.

Best case scenario, we kill off Jekyll/Hyde. Worst case scenario, we lose an extra villager. Thats +EV for evil, as they're one step closer to winning. As it is, the first 4 days, we can lose 2 villagers to the bad guy, 1 to J/H, 1 to the vigilante, and who knows what the Pumpkin will do. Throw in an extra death for the potential lynchee, that's 5 dead people.

Actually, after thinking about it, I'm positive this is a terrible idea.

In addition, if it is J/H, you would want to lynch a confirmed villager because they lived!

Tokyo I feel that Bobo is a good villager or wolf. I have seen you be a very good wolf, I am not so sure about villager. Anyway Bobo brought up a good point, essentially giving the village 2 lynches in 1 day. Once he starts claiming to be the ninja...etc we can vote him off.

vote kum

I would like to vote boiler
Old 07-07-2006, 05:06 PM

OK, I thought Jeckyl instantly left the game whe cured. Kind of like my Bobby Sleeping with Shadowcat routine in X-men. If Jeckyll remains in the game as a villager but has won, what incentive does he have to even try?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:07 PM

Boiler if you think I'm a good villager, why don't you think Tokyo agrees. The two of us know each other in REAL LIFE. He has NEVER claimed im a bad villager until now, Can anyone explain why??? He is just trying to get me killed, because I am good and he is evil.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:09 PM

vote rogue

I don't think it really matters -- the village only gets N misses no matter how you slice it, and having more kills in fewer days is a slight win for the village as it reduces the number of night kills the bad guys get (which are never a positive result for the village).

Furthermore, I think a lot of BobO's good wolf play specifically comes from the fact that he plays such a bizarro (not terrible, just bizarro) villager (it buys him lots of shania).

vote Eskimo (random, will almost certainly shift later)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vote bobbyO

Normally this is standard etc., but I strongly suggest it this time around. He is an excellent wolf, and an abysmal villager. Not only that, he will absolutely role-claim something insane to save himself if he is a villager (which probably hurts the village) and we won't know if he is lying or not b/c he does it all the time. If he does it as a wolf/vamp/whatever, then again, we won't know whether to believe his insane role. Thus, KILL HIM NOW!!!! Please, I implore you all to save the village a ton of inevitable pain down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tokyo is lying. We just had this discussion last night and we agreed I am good villager but a better wolf. Now he is claiming that I am an abysmal villager. This is utter BS and he has never made this claim in a game thread before. Often he makes the opposite claim as a reason not to lynch me early. Hence, Tokyo is evil.

Vote Tokyo

[/ QUOTE ]

No idiot. First of all, what I said is not a "lie," but an opinion. I'm not lying about my opinion. I don't know what you thought I said, but I agreed you suck as villager and are great as wolf. Also, I enjoy watching you die in EVERY GAME, but in this one your penchant for being nuts will hurt us more. To my knowledge, I have never called you a "bad wolf" and a "good villager" in a game before, so you saying that I have made the opposite claim is flat out wrong. Not to mention, that me wanting you dead does not imply that I am evil. In fact, it implies the opposite. If I were evil, AND I thought you were a terrible villager, I WOULD KEEP YOU ALIVE TO HURT THE VILLAGE.

Jesus man, you totally mangled that post. I can't believe I caught you already, damn.

[ QUOTE ]
Boiler if you think I'm a good villager, why don't you think Tokyo agrees. The two of us know each other in REAL LIFE. He has NEVER claimed im a bad villager until now, Can anyone explain why??? He is just trying to get me killed, because I am good and he is evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

BobO, I dont know whether Tokyo hurt your feelings or whatever but this is a pretty bold assumption in the first 5 mins of the game.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:10 PM

Actually Zurvan is correct. It is an awful idea. I think it is good to think about these things, but this particular idea is bad.