Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 11:54 AM

Default Re: very angry note on my car

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not get your landlord to fix your drainage problem or change your spot to one that doesn't flood?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on mate. This is a landlord problem. Get him to fix it, but dont let your hero in the jeep et away with it. Call him out on his little note, or you'll cop it for a good while.

[/ QUOTE ]

what did the guy in teh jeep do? some moron blocked his spot by parking illegally, because he didnt want to get his shoes wet. a note would havvve been the least of what I would have done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough Guids, but for a first offence he didnt have to be a jack ass. He needs to be knocked down a peg or two.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are a real f-ing a-hole. Next time you block my spot, I'm having this piece of garbage towed and ticketed. You got a f-ing problem with that, just let me know you f-ing c sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shared this at work. Co-worker's first response: "I've written notes like that." And he lives in Hoboken!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:57 AM

meh, whatever. I dont think the guy in the jeep did anything wrong. Its ironic, I would do what the OP did in the same situation, yet, if it were me in the jeep I would have done the same as the jeep guy.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:00 PM

There's nothing wrong with leaving a note asking OP not to park there, but the profanity and tone of the note are a sure sign of a total douchebag who could benefit from a good beating.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:00 PM

quids,

hero described the spot as having 2 feet of water. that will not just get your shoes wet, it will flood your engine, usually soak through into the floor of the car, etc, probably kill your car pretty good. if it's 2 inches, well then asshat should have taken his shoes off or something, or parked in the asshat spot, then gone upstairs for some boots, then come back and put it back in his spot. but he said 2 feet.

as for "blocking the spot," hero says the guy could get out. if the guy couldn't get out, i'd have either just called the manager to find out whose car it is and have that person called ot have them move their car, or have the car immediately towed. "something more" than just leaving the note, if it's not some process of having the car towed, is clearly out of line even if he can't get out of his spot.

but if the guy can get out of his spot there's really no reason to get as douchey as this note seems.

citanul
Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 PM

i forgot to add:

you should prank him with a tire iron.

citanul

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not get your landlord to fix your drainage problem or change your spot to one that doesn't flood?

[/ QUOTE ]

every spot is taken, they tell me the drainage problem is actually something wrong with the pipes and sewers outside my building, so it's the cities problem to fix and not the management company for my building.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter who needs to fix it. If you're entitled to a parking spot in your lease, it's on your landlord to provide one. They need to either provide one or knock some $$$ off your rent. If you own this condo, then I'd be hounding the management company to get the city to do their job. That's what you pay the management company for.

I think the note is harsh for a first offense....if you made a habit of this I'd hook a tow strap up to your car and tow you myself.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong with leaving a note asking OP not to park there, but the profanity and tone of the note are a sure sign of a total douchebag who could benefit from a good beating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since it has only happened once. I left a nasty (but non cussing) note on a neighbors car after they parked in the red zone in front of their house for the 100th time, sometimes overnight (its a tight street in our complex, and there are 150 units and NOBODY parks in the red zone for longer than 10 minutes except these [censored]).
Old 07-07-2006, 12:09 PM

The best note I ever found on my car was a couple of years ago.

I was going to some sports event and the parking area was pretty much full. As I was looking for a spot, someone pulled out in front of me. I pulled in, parking like 2/3 on one spot and 1/3 on the one next to that (since the two cars to the left and right didn't leave enough space).
After the event I went drinking with a few buddies and left the car there taking a cab to get home. The next day, when I went to retrieve my car I had this note on it:
"The car is supposed to be BETWEEN the lines. If you f**k the way you park you'll never get it in."

I thought that was a pretty sweet line. Since then I've issued the same note a couple of times.