Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Delmonico\'s vs Craft - need advice/opinions

I haven't been to Delmonico's, but I've lived here for 4 years now, eaten at many places, and think craftstreak is the best steak meal we have ever had. It may be the best meal period, but I can't decide if the tasting menu at Emeril's Fish House was #1 or #2.

The chilled seafood appetizer platter is ~$60 and has cold king crab, jumbo shrimp, 1/2 lobster tail, lobster salad, and half shell oysters and clams. Awesome! But asked for butter for the crab - they bring out 4 sauces but no butter.

I have had the filet, the rib-eye for two, the kobe rib-eye and braised king crab for entrees. I would definitely get the ribeye for two - the kobe is not worth the price premium.

They also have great sides and the lobster bisque is awseome.

Dessert last time we got a sorbet and ice cream sampler and it rocked. Craftsteak's mantra seems to be awesome selections of food served simply. Defintiely get the ribeye for two.

Maybe I'll go to Delmonico's tonight and report back! I've had desserts in the bar and wasn't floored by them, but they were good.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:10 PM

You @#$holes better not let this thread die, because I just made reservations at Delmonico's for 8:30 tonight since my wife started hounding me after we were talking about this topic.
Damn thread cost me $200!
Any last minute advice for menu items? I'll get the ribeye and the truffle chips, not sure what else to try.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You @#$holes better not let this thread die, because I just made reservations at Delmonico's for 8:30 tonight since my wife started hounding me after we were talking about this topic.
Any last minute advice for menu items? I'll get the ribeye and the truffle chips, not sure what else to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

BBQ shrimp appetizer is awesome, especially with a good red wine.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lobster Bisque is a must...but only if you like good food.

Josh
Old 07-07-2006, 05:01 AM

Meh.
Craftsteak is much better.
We got there at our reservation time of 8:30 but didn't get seated until 8:47, FIRST time I have ever had to wait when I've had a reservation anywhere in Vegas.
Had fondue and lobster bisque for appetizer - the cheese part of the fondue rocked but the bread seemed undercooked/doughy, the bisque was great.
I had the bone in rib steak, the house specialty, it was perfectly cooked (medium rare) but just not as good as the craftsteak ribeye, the craftsteak ribeye just melted in the mouth. Wife got the rack o'lamb, it was excellent.
Got garlic mushrooms and the truffled potato chips and both were overflavored and just OK. Not sure what the hype is about the chips.
Pecan pie for dessert - shortbread was too dry.
Couple of drinks and bill was 210 including 18% tip.

Now don't get me wrong, it was still a great meal, better than the best meal you can get in 99% of the US, but for Vegas I just put it an 8 or so. The only "knock you on the floor good" part was the lamb.

I think craftsteak blows this place away, and I don't say that lightly - we are foodies and have been to many places in town.

Our list of places that just blew us away:
Craftsteak
Emeril's fish house tasting menu
Commander's Palace (Turtle soup - yum!!!!!)
Marc's on Lake mead
Rosemary's on Sahara
Seablue at MGM

Great but not in the same class as above:
Delmonico's
Nobu
Simon's at Hard Rock
Capital Grill
Joe's stone crab
Mesa Grill

Hope this helps!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:18 AM

craft. not close. we ordered the kobe platinum sampler among six of us and it was easily the best meal i ever had. no thinking necessary, they jsut bring you a ton of delicious food. but be prepared for a bill. with tip, $1900 between 6 of us (that was high end).
Old 07-07-2006, 09:32 AM

Growlers:

Try Picasso. It will blow you away too.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:41 AM

My one experience at Craft was fantastic.

TT- I'm now running down my list of Iron Chef judges to figure out who you're talking about. Older dude dressed like Elton John?
Old 07-07-2006, 11:57 AM

Excellent trip report growlers!

Looks like it's leaning towards Craft for now. Will wait for more opinions before deciding.

For either of these, now far in advance can I make reservations?

Dids,

Steingartner? I think he's on every episode.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
craft. not close. we ordered the kobe platinum sampler among six of us and it was easily the best meal i ever had. no thinking necessary, they jsut bring you a ton of delicious food. but be prepared for a bill. with tip, $1900 between 6 of us (that was high end).

[/ QUOTE ]

i was at this meal and it was amazing