Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Locked out of tables at Party

If you think you have it bad...every single 2+2 SNG player knows each other, and a good chunk of us met in Vegas once or twice. Naturally, people used different people's laptops to log in or play - so yeah, now they're all banned from sitting with each other. Oh, and this works for transfers, too, so everybody that's ever placed a $50 last longer bet with each other and paid up on Party (or traded Party $ for Stars $, etc.) is also locked out.

I think a good chunk of the $215+ SNG players have left SNG's in no small part due to this reason.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:04 PM

What the OP is reffering to is if two accounts are ever played from the same computer (at different times nonetheless) party will flag there accounts in correspondence with each other based on just that.

It is a good counter measure. Definitely better then nothing. If two people are undoubtedly close enough to use the same computer, they are also close enough to talk over aim while playing. Its a good precaution. Sure it sucks for you, but I for one feel safer knowing that best friends or kids who could be sitting next to each other on college campuses because their accounts have at one time or another come from the same IP cannot both be sitting at my table.

Table selection is tough? Learn to play somewhere besides party, the place is not the be-all end-all of fish. Ya, your accounts are flagged, and ya, it makes me and all the little fishies rest easier knowing that best friends can't play at the same table. Deal with it. Don't cry that the security measure is stupid just because it inconviences you. Two friends both plays poker, it is not that outlandish for them to sometime try playing on the same table while talking over aim. Not everyone is as morally sound as yourself. This security measure does something more then nothing.

Code poker has a 50% up to $2000 bonus every month on winnings. Go have fun.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the OP made a mistake since playing off the same computer on party at the same time is IMPOSSIBLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what ZeeJustin said [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I know you can't anymore though.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:22 PM

I'm glad Party doesn't allow you do play together. I want them throwing up some roadblocks to make it more difficult for cheaters to collude. I also don't expect them to devote a bunch of resources to trying to investigate every time some clowns do something that looks pretty shady yet they swear its just fine.

-g
Old 07-03-2006, 06:42 PM

If Party DID you let guys play together, there is plenty of collusion that could happen that would be hard/nearly impossible for them to detect. This also means they would have to investigate probably hundreds of players every day who would otherwise be forbidden to play together.

Do you seriously believe that this would be a better policy for them?
Old 07-03-2006, 06:58 PM

I think Partys solution is the only reasonable one. Sure, there are a bunch of people who are kosher that may be slightly inconvenienced by it but the integrity of the game is constantly under attack and this solution helps to keep the game clean.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I would feel comfortable sittting at a high stakes table with 3 people that are good friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same here, also I hope Mike DOESN'T fix this for you.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I KNOW I would not feel comfortable sittting at a high stakes table with 3 people that are good friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-04-2006, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
changing your mac address isn't very easy since it is "burned" to your NIC card. if your card doesn't support Clone MAC address then you need knowledge of windows registry. this might help: http://www.nthelp.com/NT6/change_mac_w2k.htm. Also, wouldn't just swapping in a new ethernet card solve this? I may be wrong here someone correct me if I am.

bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello - their accounts are linked, not their MAC addresses. Buying new cars or changing clothes won't help either.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One account has literally never played a hand with one of the others, yet they are forbidden to play at the same tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence doesn't make sense. And earlier you said that not being able to play at the same tables is messing up your game selection. How can that be if you never had to play together??

I'm not fainting, the fishy smell is just really bad in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then go take a shower, because it's you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to explain the inconsistency.

[ QUOTE ]
Since you think Party is letting us off light, you're obviously for the banning of any three Party players who use the same computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's right.