Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: NBA Scoring Champ
Kobe (34.1ppg) 31 75.61%
AI (33.3 ppg) 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2006, 12:31 PM

Default Re: WC Quarterfinals - The Usual Suspects

Was the Italian who was sent off against Australia a starter from the beginning? If so, they're now missing two starting backs, right? (him and De Rossi). Even if he was De Rossi's replacement, Italy is looking more and more vulnerable in the back.

-McGee
Old 06-28-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was the Italian who was sent off against Australia a starter from the beginning? If so, they're now missing two starting backs, right? (him and De Rossi). Even if he was De Rossi's replacement, Italy is looking more and more vulnerable in the back.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Materazzi was replacing Nesta who got injured against the Czech, I have no idea if Nesta will be ready to play against the Ukraine but even if he doesn't play Italy usually has a ton of quality central defenders so I wouldn't worry.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:24 PM

the only reason i want france to win is because i picked them in the party poker promo (that i didnt even understand)
Old 06-28-2006, 02:08 PM

It helps they're facing Ukraine.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brazilian defence = horrid.

[/ QUOTE ]

this had to have been sarcastic or a joke...Good one.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:23 PM

Brazil defenders (Lucio and Juan) are playing well, the defence system is not doing good because the side backs aren´t playing well back there.
I think anyone that says Brazil is playing poor doesn´t understand that Brazilian team for Ghana´s game should have Robinho and Ronaldo in the attack, and it would look a lot more with the Brazil vs Japan match (which Brazil played really really well). But Robinho got injured and with Adriano we were playing like we played the 2 first games, really bad.
But, from now on, Robinho will play, and when he plays, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Kaka appears more in the game, and when that happens Brazil is almost unstopable, like when Brazil beat Argentina 4-1 in the Confederations Cup Finals.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brazil defenders (Lucio and Juan) are playing well, the defence system is not doing good because the side backs aren´t playing well back there.
I think anyone that says Brazil is playing poor doesn´t understand that Brazilian team for Ghana´s game should have Robinho and Ronaldo in the attack, and it would look a lot more with the Brazil vs Japan match (which Brazil played really really well). But Robinho got injured and with Adriano we were playing like we played the 2 first games, really bad.
But, from now on, Robinho will play, and when he plays, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Kaka appears more in the game, and when that happens Brazil is almost unstopable, like when Brazil beat Argentina 4-1 in the Confederations Cup Finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

overrated
Old 06-28-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

overrated

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch Brazil vs Argentina?
Or Brazil vs Japan?
Old 06-28-2006, 04:48 PM

did you watch Argentina vs Brazil in qualifying, or Brazil vs Ghana, or Brazil vs Croatia, or Brazil vs Australia?
Old 06-28-2006, 05:01 PM

Brazil-France is the only game where I think the team for which I'm cheering will actually win.