Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: My car was broken into, but I know who did it...

BTW -- your friend is my hero.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:08 PM

You really don't deserve to have a friend who's as cool as your's is Villinaire.

If you get your [censored], don't take all the money.
If you blackmail the guy, don't go to the cops.
If you go to the cops, don't lie about getting your stuff (you think the thief is just gonna cover your ass?)

Basically, you've done everything wrong so far.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I know. Most of my friends happen to be badasses. I guess there were like 3 guys in the house when my buddy took the stuff back and they didn't even attempt to do [censored].
Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 PM

If you go to the cops now, you and your buddy may get into trouble for the three amps that he took. That's theft by conversion. If you do decide to go to the cops, don't sell the amps. If you still have them in your possession, you'll probably just have to give them back but won't face any charges.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:36 PM

Your "buddy" was in on the theft. He got nervous that the car was seen so decided to get the stuff back. I say this because someone had to know to target the car. Unless you go bumping around music then you are a target for thieves.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your friend is money. take all the stuff he took, go to the cops with him, explain that he took that stuff because he thought it was all yours and he did not want them to dump or sell the stuff before the cops saw it.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You [censored] moron, call the cops already. Anything else is beyond retarded and morally wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHA morally wrong? WTF, what kind of fantasy world do you live in? The cops provide the means to enforce the law, they dont provide morality (although, Im not saying that he shouldnt call the cops). If it were me, Id blow his [censored] house up.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 PM

Why don't people EVER tell the police in these situations?

It's like in movies where they know exactly who the criminal is:

"Why don't you tell the police? They'll sort it out"

"....No, i can't do that, this is between me and him, i must go it alone.."

I friggin hate that, though movies would suck if they did go to the police all the time.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:47 PM

I had a very similar situation happen to me a few years ago...

- tigger is a good friend of ours that lives next door.
- two punk kids are two guys that we met in our complex, they've been over a few times to drink beers and smoke bud. grade A dbags though, always talking about stealing cars, etc.
- tigger and dbags have never met
- dick is my roommate

I leave for work one morning and tigger's back window is shattered, speaker box is stolen, cd's are gone. I go wake him up and tell him it happened. I tell him I wouldnt be surprised if it was the two dbags.

A couple nights later the two dbags stop by. a little while after they come over dick is on the other side of the room and says "hey jba, are we still going to look at speakers for your car tomorrow?" I say sure and in the corner of my eye I see dbags giving each other a look. busted! sure enough they say "hey, we can hook you up", and we agree that I'll come over to their place tomorrow (their sister lives in our complex, they don't) and check out the speakers. we agree on some bs price like 200.

Next day arrives, we drive over to their place with tigger. They're sitting on the porch with tigger's speakers. We load the speakers into the trunk, and tigger walks up and puts a hand on each of the kid's shoulders and says something like "these are my speakers you little bitches". Tigger, myself, and dick are all well over 6' and we're big country boys. these kids are a couple years younger than us, six inches shorter, and about a hundo lighter. basically they peed their pants. tigger demands four hundo for the busted window, of course they don't have it. He tells them to come up with the money now or the cops are coming (we know one of them at least is on probation for joyriding, so this is a real threat). So we end up in their house and kid calls his mom at work (lol) and says "hey mom, you know those speakers? the guy who owned them is in our house and he wants 400 for the window or he's calling the cops". She tells him to take a hike (rofl), and tigger calls cops. kid goes to jail. good times.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:21 PM

1) Shouldn't cliff notes be shorter than the story?
2) Is this story long enough to justify cliff notes?
3) Should cliff notes supply new information ($100)?
4) Have I ever felt so nitty?
5) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

In all seriousness, I'd call the cops immediately. Screw this dude to the wall. He's scum, an ultimatum/payback will do no good, he needs some quality time alone at the taxpayer's expense...
With some luck he gets a very amorous roomie