Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 04:23 AM

Default Re: 20-40 flop decision

Normally, I would go with a C/R to try and limit the field as much as possible, representing a K. But the Button is an aggressive retard so he is probably capable of re-raising you with almost anything which is bad news for you.

So, I think I like the conservative play and just call the flop. If no A comes on the turn, then I would C/R the turn, and obviously fold if reraised, and if someone calls my C/r then I check fold the river.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:11 AM

Honestly i dont give a [censored] about the button in this situation, the reason why we are trying to get it heads up with him is because he is a moron.

I think you have to check raise or fold the flop, peeling really sucks here, and as somebody else said if one other player comes along i am check folding the Turn UI.

This is where i differ to other players, If i do manage to get it HU with button, I am check calling the turn and river, wether he three bets the flop or just calls. I just dont like giving him the chance to make us fold a better hand. And also if he is a stupid maniac he will often fire on Turn and River as a bluff so we get close to 2BB out of him on average anyways. Also this alows us to Check raise if we improve.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C/R'ing likely does nothing on any flop in this game and calling to find a comfortable turn card is the best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but UGG! I find this thread very intresting and educational, but just calling here seems too weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

In poker, I don't really care if I look weak or strong. I'm trying to win the most money.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem, of course, is that LMD's hand is vulnerable. Don't loose passives take one off for one small bet on the flop with A-T or Q-J or any backdoor flush, but give them up in the wake of facing two cold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always, often they will all call 2-bets here.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C/R'ing likely does nothing on any flop in this game and calling to find a comfortable turn card is the best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but UGG! I find this thread very intresting and educational, but just calling here seems too weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

In poker, I don't really care if I look weak or strong. I'm trying win to look like Tommy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem, of course, is that LMD's hand is vulnerable. Don't loose passives take one off for one small bet on the flop with A-T or Q-J or any backdoor flush, but give them up in the wake of facing two cold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always, often they will all call 2-bets here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Joe, there's no way most people coldcall with QJ here. Some do, but those people are notable idiots.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In poker, I don't really care if I look weak or strong. I'm trying win to look like Tommy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy looks for a fold here. Have you ever read his or any of my posts? We play much differently.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Joe, there's no way most people coldcall with QJ here. Some do, but those people are notable idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't describe most people. This is the root of the question. If they are capable to call two with silly re-draws we call the flop. If the are likely folders, we c/r.

I read his description as players who would call two.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:52 AM

I C/R here to limit field for 1 large bet. If and only if button calls, bet it out. If I am called by anyone I must assume I am beat without being improved. The important thing here is that I am spending 60 dollars to most likely get a showdown and show strength as compared to waiting to check/raise on the turn.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:56 AM

You guys do realize that a flop checkraise may win this hand right now.

Even a passive bets a king. And I've seen bad button bettors fold to a checkraise plenty of times.