Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Re: For Sale: 1050 Nevada Jacks Skulls Cash/Tourney set

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I wonder what the standard is for red, white, blue chip denominations in a .25/.50/1.00 game. The NJ blues are $1, does that match up? And what about the $5 red vs. the plastic chip red assignment? The mistake that started the complaining was trying to play a red $5 as some other cheap chip.

I would have thought that the printed denominations would have removed any problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't use 50 cent chips with 25s and $1 chips. A third denomination adds confusion, but no useful role in the game. If there are only two colors, even the retard-nits can figure out what is what. On a 25-50 blind limit game, people toss one chip to call (50), and one chip to raise ($1). It's confusing (esp from other end of the table), and unnecessary.

I can't imagine what denomination anyone would expect a red chip to be but $5. What did your player say he thought it should be? Folk often play white=1, red=5, blue=10 with the "god made 'em" chips. This doesn't work with a quarter-dollar game, but denominations on your chips makes it obvious for everyone who can read. ugh.

-Curtis

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it awkward not to have three denoms - what about the quarter small blind? I guess you could have quarters and dollars, or quarters and 50 centers. What do folks do for .50-1.00 holdem?

My question on red-white-blue denoms is for these cheap limits. Nobody would think red should be anything other than $5, but this is a .50-1.00 game.

And the problem with the printed denoms on the skulls was that they're not so easy to read for an old guy! I'm a bit sympathetic, being in my 40's. I can only imagine how bad my eyes will be in my 70's.