Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Why is daniel N so condescending towards other pros

[ QUOTE ]
Having played with him live several times, DN really is one of, if not THE nicest player on the circuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I've never seen him out of line. It's funny to see some of these wannabe's or never willbe's trying to convince people in poker that guys like DN are the bad guys.

It's mostly jealousy. That and it nakes them feel better about themselves and vents the jealousy they hold. I've seen this over and over. Even in the David Willims thread about not washing his hands. Based on some report that he didn't wash his hands he gets countless non-poker flames against his character. These types take any shot when they can against a named TV pro, or major champion.

It makes me laugh.

The parameters for the poll (below) software here at twoplustwo states the poll started as I inputed this post (02:57am). But when it posted it doesn't start until 12:00pm.

Sorry.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny to see some of these wannabe's or never willbe's trying to convince people in poker that guys like DN are the bad guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said he was a bad guy? I haven't seen anyone ever make that claim.

I agree that people like to take shots at pros for stupid or unjustified things, which I think is kinda dumb, but whatever. That's what happens when you're famous. It's not like he's being stalked.

The "jealousy" argument has been done a million times, so you don't need to rehash it. Just type "INSERT JEALOUSY ARGUMENT HERE" and we'll know what you are planning to say.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The "jealousy" argument has been done a million times, so you don't need to rehash it. Just type "INSERT JEALOUSY ARGUMENT HERE" and we'll know what you are planning to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen it all as far as stalkers, please believe me. Thanks for the advice. I will do this in the future.

I'm sorry, I did sense jealousy in a few of these post/threads on DN here (not just this one). But I have posted and read poker forums since before DN even appeared on the scene. He (among many others over the years)is stalked by many people and many times more are ("INSERT JEALOUSY ARGUMENT HERE").

I've seen an esculation in this type of behavior since the poker boom/TV poker took off. (Obviously)

RazzO
Old 06-14-2006, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, Danny has self-esteem issues b/c he's an effeminate looking short little man.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in what ways does he display self esteem issues?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just said that as a respose to why he would berate other "name" pros. I don't know If I 100% believe this but, he does seem to have a "know it all" attitude. For example, last night on Poker Superstars he open raised in LP w/ 66 and had Barry Greenstien re-raise him all-in with 77. DN mucked while saying that he folded the best hand, he said that he KNEW he had the best hand. Laying this hand down really seemed to bother him, even after Barry said that he didn'thave the best hand, DN wouldn't stop insisting that he had the best hand. Barry had been re-raising alot of pots all-in due to the structure of the tournament and I can't help but believe that DN thought that he had gotten outplayed. It was as if he thought that he was being out played and had to show the cameras that he knew that he had the best hand. When actually he made a good laydown. I don't know DN, so I'm not qualified to say that he absolutely has self-esteem issues. But I do know that he has struggled with alcohol in the past, that coupled with the attitude he gives off sometimes and some things that he writes in his blog, gives the hint of someone with self-image/esteem problems.

BTW I am a fan of DN. I play on Full Contact a lot and read his blog regularly. He does seem to be a genuinely good guy.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I have posted and read poker forums since before DN even appeared on the scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I actually remember you from rgp many moons ago. Negreanu was quite entertaining when he first started on rgp.

I didn't mean to come off harsh; it's just that a lot of times there are legit criticisms that aren't jealousy, and people are always defending the pros with the jealousy thing. My thinking is, just because I'm jealous of someone doesn't mean I can't criticize them. I can want Shawn Sheikhan's money but still think he's a jerk.

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen an esculation in this type of behavior since the poker boom/TV poker took off. (Obviously)

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, me too.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:14 AM

he's cocky as hell, go read his posts on RGP and the way he disrespects mason malmuth, howard lederer, and annie duke
Old 06-14-2006, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's cocky as hell, go read his posts on RGP and the way he disrespects mason malmuth, howard lederer, and annie duke

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anyway you can show a link where Daniel disrespected Mason on RGP?

I'm sorry, but I don't think Daniel ever disrespected Mason Malmuth on RGP. If he did I missed it. I did see, however, one or two disagreements between the two on some views.
If you and I disagree on something we are not disrespecting each other. I apologize in advance if I am wrong.

I do recall a words exchanged either through Mason or David with DN about a review on Ken Buntjer's book. But Mason had not yet read it. So DN was wrong there. If I remember correctly.

RazzO
Old 06-14-2006, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but I don't think Daniel ever disrespected Mason Malmuth on RGP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he said Mason was a bad player.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I know he said Mason was a bad player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... I have seen Mason play $15-$30 up to $30-$60. I'm sure he 'has' played higher for I have not witnessed him play since 2000. He is a very strong player. If Daniel did say that he would be judged wrong by most WCP.

Thanks for remembering me from way back when. I started posting to RGP in Aug, 1995.
You mentioned in that post that Daniel was funny when he first started posting. He was drunk most of the time. He may have even been jealous [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Did you mean I was jealous myself in some way by often jumping to the defense of a player?

Anyway, if true, that would be a disrespectful comment. I always read both Mason and Daniel on RGP (the good ol days) and don't recall such a comment. But I'm sure you know what you're talking about. Is that comment or belief by DN about Mason what the OP is speaking about?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:33 AM

I'm guessing you feel this way b/c of TV editing. When I played at the final table with DN at the Calvin Ayre Wild Card poker show, he couldn't have been more helpful. We talked a bunch about how I played my hands during the table and after we both busted we talked more about my critical hands. Given, I'm not a pro, but he was not condescending to me in any way or any of the other pros for that matter. I was actually surprised how cool he was. Plus, he's close with Ng and has taught her a lot about the game so I doubt he was talking down to her.