Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 01:04 AM

Default Re: The first two streets. Whadda ya think?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kind of a stretch with this particular hand, but, if this were HU, this is an easy raise, because we only have to fold 1 player. He will not have an ace a lot, and on better days, he will fold an underpair. When we have others in the pot, our FE is much lower and so we are looking at overall pot equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... no... If you raise this hu, you're spewing. Look at the board; do you really think he's finding a fold anywhere here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the villain. Folded to me in the SB, I'm raising QQ-77 and maybe lower, Q9s, JT, and a bunch of other things that bet-fold the flop.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:04 AM

Default Re: The first two streets. Whadda ya think?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thumbs down

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop raise also Pedro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, why do you want to shut out others on your great draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

To try and win the pot. Possibly fold out a lone heart. I guess my main thinking here with this hand is if you were the small blind how do you play this hand with say 88-QQ or any other hand you may raise out of the sb here that doesn't contain an ace if i raise the flop and bet the turn?

After i raised the flop i thought aw [censored] that was stupid but when i saw what sb had at the end i think i very well could have won the pot UI with a turn bet especially if i had a read that he was a reasonable player capable of folding an under pair, KQ that type of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, there's way too many hands a pre-flop raiser could have us cooked here with and/or showing down with.