Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Let\'s talk dice control

I was just trying to roll the hardway set at home. I was able to keep it on axis when rolling it maybe a foot. Anything further then that was very tough. It seems to me that this skill would become very difficult when tossing it across a table.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just trying to roll the hardway set at home. I was able to keep it on axis when rolling it maybe a foot. Anything further then that was very tough. It seems to me that this skill would become very difficult when tossing it across a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

A crap table is designed to make it nearly impossible to use skill to achieve a non-random result. You have to throw clear across the table and bounce the dice off the back wall, which has all those rubber pyramids to make the dice spin every which way. It may not be impossible to gain an advantage through physical skill, but, at best, it's damn difficult. I think anybody who attempts it without tens of thousands of practice throws, and a large enough sample of recorded practice throws to establish a high degree of confidence that he is in fact cabable of beating the game is most likely fooling himself.

Which raises the question. Does the guy running the seminars who "does this for a living" make a living from beating craps, or from running the seminars?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It may not be impossible to gain an advantage through physical skill, but, at best, it's damn difficult. I think anybody who attempts it without tens of thousands of practice throws, and a large enough sample of recorded practice throws to establish a high degree of confidence that he is in fact cabable of beating the game is most likely fooling himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I would love to see a video of the technique used. Not that I think I could reproduce said technique.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Does the guy running the seminars who "does this for a living" make a living from beating craps, or from running the seminars?

[/ QUOTE ]

From beating craps, not from the seminars. He plays craps and counts cards for a living.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does the guy running the seminars who "does this for a living" make a living from beating craps, or from running the seminars?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he only does seminars as often as possible and as many ppl as he can get for large sums of money. Ill let you use your common sense to decide where he gets his income.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he only does seminars as often as possible and as many ppl as he can get for large sums of money. Ill let you use your common sense to decide where he gets his income.

[/ QUOTE ]That Mason Malmuth guy keeps trying to sell me books. They're not cheap, either.

What a con artist.
-Sam
Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 PM

And where does Mason get bulk of his money? Exactly.
And its totally ignorant to even compare the two. Mason should be offended to be mentioned in the same sentence as wannabes. Trying to save ppl money, yet others keep defending as if they benefit. p out
Old 06-13-2006, 08:06 AM

http://www.readybetgo.com/craps/dice-setting/
Old 06-13-2006, 02:11 PM

Cool. Thanks for the link. However, I can't imagine any collection of 4-paragraph articles will teach dice-setting.

The book reviews looked interesting. I think I'd rather hear stories about dice-control than instruction, because, as DoubleDown mentioned, you're not likely to learn this from reading. I'm not looking to learn this skill, I'm just interested in another (possible) form of advantage gambling.

Anybody read any of these books? Photoc, have you read Scoblete's books?
-Sam
Old 06-16-2006, 08:34 PM

Is there a way you could set the dice on the PG poker tables at commerce?