Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: The Religious Left - a factor in Nov?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You dont get 90% of a groups vote without some authority in that group telling them what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

you will get 90% of an ethnic group voting vs. a political party IF that political party's platform and policies are racist when applied in real life -

duh.
RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so, but at least half the people in any group are stupid and can be persuaded of anything, unless thier leaders set them straight. You yourself strongly supported those racist leaders and party, were you a racist? See people do dumb things and quite often go against their self interests when left on their own. In the black community the pastors are the leaders and they make sure that they stay united for democrats.

Poor whites are another good example. The republican platform is very much not in their favor and quite obvious but you dont see them voting 90% democrat.

But anyways, what about my point about black churches endorsing democrats?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The religious right plays into people's bigotry: God hates gays and brown people. Check out townhall.com, it sez: tolerance bad, education bad, war good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Townhall...isn't that that website with regular articles from Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Herman Cain, Larry Elder, Armstrong Williams, Nathan Gonzales, Michelle Malkin, and Linda Chavez? Yeah, a raging cesspool of hatred for "brown people"... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Don't even bother with the "they're sellouts" argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

What percentage of blacks approve of Bush? 2 percent?

Sure there is a place for blacks in the republican party...as long as they aren't all uppity!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I noticed you didn't answer my original question, so I will ask it again. Why is it such a horrible idea when Republicans mix politics and religion, yet it is a great idea for Democrats to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

no point in answering your question - you can't tell the difference between a fundamentalist and a person who may be spiritual but doesn't feel like enforcing his religious faith as the law of the land.

Since you can't tell the difference, any attempt to answer your question would be a waste of energy until you are better educated.

RB
Old 06-01-2006, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it such a horrible idea when Republicans mix politics and religion

[/ QUOTE ]

For one the Christian god says not to. His kingdom is not of this earth.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But anyways, what about my point about black churches endorsing democrats?

[/ QUOTE ]

by and large, Black chruches do what they want independantly without talking points from the Adminstration passed down. - I see no articles nor actual facts to back up your statement other then you were once at a church where Jesse Jackson spoke.

I said it before, I'll say it again - if someone instituted policies that were inheriantly racist - (like the Death Penalty) - you'll see 90% of that ethnic group voting against them - end of story.

Or maybe they're just upset that all the folks that fought for Segregation in the south defected to the Republican party when they lost (Lott, Thrumond, Dixiecrats, etc) - that would have NOTHING to do with why Blacks don't like the Republican party, would it - LOL.

but with you, it's the same thing as JW - do you know what a Fundamentalist is? - Just like Muslim Fundamentalists, any religious Fundamentalist is a danger to a free society's discussion -

since you can't tell the difference between a guy like Martin Luther King Jr. applying his faith in real life and Pat Robertson preaching domination of the United States by Godly men...

and since you can't see the similarities between a Religious Muslim Fundamentalist and Christian Fundamentalist, why should I waste any more time with you?- like arguing with an annoying gnat.

Either way, the Republicans will lose enough of their base to make the power reversal complete by 2008 - that's my point, and nothing you can say at this time can change that -

kewl, huh..

RB
Old 06-01-2006, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here's another tip for you - right wing Christians who are tired of seeing their God's name dragged thru the mud will abandon your party and your cause, and no insignifcant and meaningless quip you make on here will change that, and it pisses you off to no end, doesn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lecture about ignorance then you post this? First, I am not a Republican nor religious. I just don't like hypocrits like you. You are just as bad as they are. You are massively intolerant and judgemental. I don't recall many Whiskeytown posts that had anything but name-calling and total contempt for anybody who disagreed with you. Please explain to me how that makes you so superior to those religious right people you hate?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Jesus Christ were alive today he would be a liberal democrat. And its not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree..and if he ran for and won an office it would just be another charlatan added to the bunch.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no point in answering your question - you can't tell the difference between a fundamentalist and a person who may be spiritual but doesn't feel like enforcing his religious faith as the law of the land.

Since you can't tell the difference, any attempt to answer your question would be a waste of energy until you are better educated.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take that as a "you are right JW, I cannot answer your question, so I will do my usual name calling routine." -RB

Seriously dude. If a person wants to overturn the death penalty because they are motived by their religious beliefs (and millions fall into this category) what difference is there between that and wanting to overturn legalized abortion because of one's religous beliefs. In both instances people want to change current laws, and they favor the change, at least to some extent, because of their religious beliefs. Not sure why one is fine, but the other is unacceptable.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

by and large, Black chruches do what they want independantly without talking points from the Adminstration passed down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt matter. If your tax exempt you dont do politics. End of story. And its not like the religious right is taking talking points from the admin. If anything what they do is blackmail and get the republicans to do what they want.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Jesus Christ were alive today he would be a liberal democrat. And its not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree..and if he ran for and won an office it would just be another charlatan added to the bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

no he wouldn't - he wouldn't make it to office -

anyone who preaches non-violence and peace threatens the money machines enough where the individuals are eliminated

as MLK jr. said well before he was killed

"But what is society's reaction to such men? It has reacted and always will react, in the only way open to it. It destroys such men. Jeremiah died a martyr."