Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 11:53 AM

Default Re: How Lost\'s Second Season Killed The Best Show In TV History

You are pretty nonchalant about tossing out "The Best Show In TV History" tag.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Triangle/Trapezoid
While I find JJ Abrams' fascination with Love Triangles slightly tiresome, the Jack-Kate-Sawyer+AnaLucia dynamic has had a negligible impact on me. I don't care enough about it to complain, nor do I really think it's a "bad" part of the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't directed at you, just some thoughts. I don't see how the show couldn't have this dynamic, not only to appeal to a broader/general audience but b/c you can't have a group of people on an island for years and not have this surface. People are jealous by nature and people attract to the pretty girl like a bug light, so I think this is standard (like you said) but that they aren't over-doing it (which can be b/c of the mass amount of characters needed to talk about each week).

The Libby/Hurley kind of bf/gf thing was ridiculous though.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:11 PM

Darko,

Libby is evil and potentially crazy. I don't view her part in that "relationship" as anything but sinister.

I think calling Jack/Kate/Sawyer a "love triangle" is a bit much. It's called "there are a bunch of people trapped on an island who are all real pretty and they are turned on the the fact that the other ones are pretty too. This strikes me as really standard.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:13 PM

-- All

You guys are tempting me into giving S1 another go. Please don't do this to me.

-- Madtown
Awesome pre-emptive stuff. I hope the reasons live up to it. Else this is a masterful bit of teasing.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:22 PM

Dids,

[ QUOTE ]
Libby is evil and potentially crazy. I don't view her part in that "relationship" as anything but sinister.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling Jack/Kate/Sawyer a "love triangle" is a bit much. It's called "there are a bunch of people trapped on an island who are all real pretty and they are turned on the the fact that the other ones are pretty too. This strikes me as really standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:27 PM

If this were truly a rant about Lost, you have to wait until the middle of April to start giving us the reasons.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-- All

You guys are tempting me into giving S1 another go. Please don't do this to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started watching with S2, and I love it. I'm going to go back and watch S1.

But I don't think the reason to watch it is the main storyline. Sure it's awesomely mysterious, but awesomely mysterious shows aren't that uncommon, and they tend to leave you unsatisfied, both because they don't move fast enough and because the actual answer is never as cool as you thought it'd be when it was a mystery.

The reason I watch it is for the individual stories. I'm the type of person who likes to read short stories, and some of these have the same effect. The individual flashbacks are so good, in an artsy kind of way. Add to that that the writers have all the time in the world to develop these characters, and it has the potential for something special. There's no pressure to develop a character every week, so they don't become parodies of themselves, but also each character gets as much cumulative screentime as needed, so there is a lot of room for development.

Of season 2 I think my favorite episode was "The Long Con", for those who have seen it. Just to give an idea of where I'm coming from.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:50 PM

I have to admit, I really liked the episode that was back-story for the wheelchair guy.

Hell, maybe I'll give it another go. I have a little time in the evenings next week.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to admit, I really liked the episode that was back-story for the wheelchair guy.

Hell, maybe I'll give it another go. I have a little time in the evenings next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

you won't regret it.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:43 PM

Is it really necessary to post one per day for twenty days? Why not just post them all at once? Or at least 2-3 at a time? Also if you have twenty reasons as to why the second season sucked you are a nit or an idiot.

Oh and if you think the first season was, "The Best Show in TV History" than you obviously have not watched enoough TV.