Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel Post: My Take On Tilt

Good advice. Thanks for taking the time to make the post.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:49 PM

Nice post.

Serious way for me to get rid of tilt, $5nl poker stars 6 max tables, play like a mental patient for 10 minutes
Old 05-24-2006, 01:21 PM

nice to see other aspects of the game that are not often addressed seriously enough but which have just as much effect if not more being a topic. Very well written post.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tilt :

http://www.break.com/index/patiencechild.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody needs to get better at counterstrike, or buy keyboards in bulk.

I like the part where he laughs and says he doesnt need help.

Anyway back to the topic of tilt.

What i've done for myself before i sit down is just tell myself that the suckouts will happen, and dont let it throw you off your game. If I find myself being too aggressive after a beat, I will sit out, maybe even leave that table. I don't usually have to quit alltogether. It only takes 5 minutes and a new table to well..."disarm" my tilt bomb.

Its important to remember that you have this bomb in you, and recognize when it is about to blow and disarm it. Otherwise the terrorists win.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:23 AM

winners tilt may be of interest for people that but in w/ half a buyin and double+ up.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:30 AM

Nice post, but You forgot one kind of tilt.

It could be just me, but I don't tilt that much from bad beats. I have some reverse tilt. I Bad Play Tilt.

You instacall with TPTK / overpair full buy-in when you know that there's no way your mediocre hand is good. After that the tilt comes, and you berate yourself and start to play weak tight being afraid that you do something stupid again.

Also in Bad Play Tilt you just continuously go over and over again every big hand that you have lost so far in session which takes concentration off from the ongoing game. When you're on bad play tilt, you absolutely have to post every lost hand of the session to 2p2. Not for learning anything new, you just need someone top tap you on the shoulder and comfort you: "Don't worry, you didn't play that bad"

Even worse, if you make lots of bad plays, it can drive you to the "I suck syndrome" where you question your play all together, and you start to change your game way too much to weak-tight territory.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:54 AM

nice post . . . I get this entitlement issue after becoming a solid winner. I know the checks are coming my way eventually. I just want more and I want them faster and sometimes that sets me off. Not sure if anyone else has experienced tilt for the same reason
Old 06-28-2007, 06:55 PM

Didnt know about the winners tilt.
I tend to do the "you just beat a pure bluff river-shove- calls" sometimes when i m tilt wich is prolly worse.

[ QUOTE ]
Very well done. This should be stickied with the rest of the pooh bah posts.

[ QUOTE ]
This part is more psychological, so I would love if some of the Psych regs could come in and shed some light on how to get in the proper mindset for poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr Al's [i] The Psychology of Poker [i] is an excellent read and addresses this for each type of player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this book also handle tilt issues and stuff ? Looks really interesting and i ll prolly get it.
Ace on the river helped me alot with tilt, its prolly the best nl cash book for me cause it actually improved my game while other books really didnt.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:46 PM

Good insight into winner's tilt, and obviously to tilt in general, which is the arch nemesis of every good poker player.