Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Relationship Ethics

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if the resluts would be reversed if everyone taking the poll was female.

[/ QUOTE ]

Want me to ask my GF, she hangs on almost all female forum?

(and no, I'm not linking, freaks)
Old 05-23-2006, 09:38 AM

Same situation, neither is worse. With more info we can determine which is worse with marraige / kids.

J
Old 05-23-2006, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to really make them equal.

in Sitch A, she likes him because of money, and in Sitch B he likes her because of looks.

The guy in sitch B would NEVER cheat, but keep in mind he ONLY likes his gf because of looks and sex.

The girl in sitch A ONLY likes her BF because of money. She would also NEVER cheat, but only in fear of being caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you said that she wanted to cheat, but wouldn't cause she was afraid of losing money while he didn't want to cheat at all. That's a huge difference...

You're saying that he only likes his girl cause she's a hottie but if a hotter girl came along he'd say no? Doesn't make sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The girl in A is satisfied because she has money, but she wouldn't mind banging other guys, but doesn't think that's what life is all about, so she's not gonna risk losing the money.

The guy in situation B just wants to bang his gf. She's very tolerable but he wouldn't be banging her if she wasn't hot.

My point is... What's more important? I feel that having a physical "need" or "addiction" for someone else (girlfriend or boyfriend) is more important than being wealthy. I don't think money is as real as that "addiction" to your significant other. I can see women disagreeing with this.

FWIW, The girl in situation A is my roommate, and I'm the guy in situation B. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2006, 09:41 AM

at a 90-95% male forum, you are doing to get very biased results. although i still think A is worse if you sampled the hwole country (more swing vote goes to A IMO)
Old 05-23-2006, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if the resluts would be reversed if everyone taking the poll was female.

[/ QUOTE ]

Want me to ask my GF, she hangs on almost all female forum?

(and no, I'm not linking, freaks)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:42 AM

There is nothing wrong with either of them.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:43 AM

leol @ results
/me wonders whois the one voted B
Old 05-23-2006, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The girl in A is satisfied because she has money, but she wouldn't mind banging other guys, but doesn't think that's what life is all about, so she's not gonna risk losing the money.

The guy in situation B just wants to bang his gf. She's very tolerable but he wouldn't be banging her if she wasn't hot.

My point is... What's more important? I feel that having a physical "need" or "addiction" for someone else (girlfriend or boyfriend) is more important than being wealthy. I don't think money is as real as that "addiction" to your significant other. I can see women disagreeing with this.

FWIW, The girl in situation A is my roommate, and I'm the guy in situation B. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're addicted to someone in particular, rather than to a "thing" such as sex, or hot girls, or money, that they happen to provide then I think that changes the relationship.

If you're addicted to the thing, then anyone can provide it, but if you're addicted to the person then only they can provide what you want. It sounds like A is addicted to money, while B is addicted to the girl. That's unequal, i think.

BTW, this can change.. Certainly for me, there's been a tipping point where I went from "I love sleeping with this girl, but I'd drop her if someone "better" came along.." to "Damn, I'm addicted to sleeping with this girl alone because she's great" which usually leads to "Damn, I love this Girl"- I assume this could happen to someone who liked a man for his money too.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume this could happen to someone who liked a man for his money too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain how please.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:54 AM

Bad poll. No option for "equal" or "don't vote; just view results."

Also, I think A is worse ONLY because "great sex" implies guy likes girl's personality more than he lets on/ there's an emotional connection. I think sex would get boring/ discontinue to call "great" if guy truly was ONLY attracted to girl's looks. People get uglier when they're mean/stupid/boring.