Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Poker-edge ok at party now????

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand this and I agree. Completely impossible for the sites to police this and enforce it.

So therefore, sites should allow programs like poker-edge (or offer the information themselves), otherwise they are admitting that a "select group of players" do in fact have an unfair advantage in their eyes and that they are powerless to stop them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic is retarded. So, they should let you use PE because they can't stop you calling a friend on a cell phone? If we can't stop one form of unethical/semi-cheating, then we should just allow them all?

[/ QUOTE ]

The sites are the one's that are saying Poker-Edge and obtaining information on other players from sources other than a player's own play is an unfair advantage, not me.

What you are descirbing is outright cheating, I don't think you can place Poker-edge, dataming, and sharing databases in that same category exactly. This is an arguement about if information should be made available to all players or only a select few.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:37 PM

I really don't think it's an unfair advantage to use a tool like poker-edge or share databases with other players.

It is really only different from a couple of live players discussing other players in that it's more efficient means of exchanging information.
It's simply knowledge available to everyone and I have trouble understanding what is unfair about using it.

I don't think it's actually a matter of cheating or being unfair.
The sites know that a more even playfield by limiting the possibilites of gaining an advantage helps keep the new players coming.
Having heard that their every bet is tracked and put into a database that the sharks all are using just make them feel like an easy prey.

So all though I'm all for freedom of information and would happily use a tool like PE I do think that it's a good thing that the sites want to keep aids like that prohibited.
If it wasn't for that people do have a legitimate need for keeping stats for their own games they would/should probably ban PT/PO as well.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think it's an unfair advantage to use a tool like poker-edge or share databases with other players.

It is really only different from a couple of live players discussing other players in that it's more efficient means of exchanging information.
It's simply knowledge available to everyone and I have trouble understanding what is unfair about using it.

I don't think it's actually a matter of cheating or being unfair.
The sites know that a more even playfield by limiting the possibilites of gaining an advantage helps keep the new players coming.
Having heard that their every bet is tracked and put into a database that the sharks all are using just make them feel like an easy prey.

So all though I'm all for freedom of information and would happily use a tool like PE I do think that it's a good thing that the sites want to keep aids like that prohibited.
If it wasn't for that people do have a legitimate need for keeping stats for their own games they would/should probably ban PT/PO as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is definitely an advantage to use a tool like PE, datamine or share databases. The poker sites have deemed using such tools as unfair, but if you really think about it, the only thing unfair about this advantage is that it is not made readily available to all players when it could be.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:55 PM

OK, I just received Party's reply to my email:

Thank you for contacting us.

With reference to your e-mail, please note that our teams of game experts, in consultation with the Technical team are constantly evaluating software, in order to determine the suitability of such third party programs and their compatibility with our Poker Client software and Terms and Conditions.

The program ýpoker-edgeý, you mentioned presently violates our terms and conditions and usage of the above program may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our policy. We would request you to refer our policy and the terms that apply to the use of third party software, mentioned on the following link:

http://www.PartyPoker.com/about_us/u...ge_policy.html

In addition to and notwithstanding this policy, we would caution you against using any software offered to you by any third party in any case, for reasons of your own security and we would remind you that you accept and/or use such software solely and entirely at your own risk

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at alerts@PartyAccount.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Regards,

Ravi,
Investigations Team,
Old 05-23-2006, 05:07 PM

But it is not readily available already?
It cost a few bucks but anyone can sign up and use it.
Thats no different than a poker book with information that can give a player an advantage.
Should reading of poker books be banned if they are not published for free on the internet?
Would it be ok to use a bot if it was possible to download it for free, and hence instantly available for everyone?

My point is that it's not unfair to use all kinds of playing aids that could give you an advantage since the same tools would be available to all players.
But it's not good for the image of the game and will make the fish stay away with many bots and database connected sharks.

Of course if if a tool is banned by the sites using it would be unfair because then it's only the people willing to break the T&C that will have that advantage makes it cheating.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But it is not readily available already?
It cost a few bucks but anyone can sign up and use it.
Thats no different than a poker book with information that can give a player an advantage.
Should reading of poker books be banned if they are not published for free on the internet?
Would it be ok to use a bot if it was possible to download it for free, and hence instantly available for everyone?

My point is that it's not unfair to use all kinds of playing aids that could give you an advantage since the same tools would be available to all players.
But it's not good for the image of the game and will make the fish stay away with many bots and database connected sharks.

Of course if if a tool is banned by the sites using it would be unfair because then it's only the people willing to break the T&C that will have that advantage makes it cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is readily available for a price. (which I have no problem with as then it is a conscious decision by a player to pay for it or not) There would be a larger price to pay if the sites catch you using it however. (Account closure and funds siezed as evidenced by Party's response above).

I have to believe that there are many players that are paying for PE and are unaware that are in danger of such penalties. OTOH, I am sure there are many tech savvy players that know how to use the program undetected, or are wiiling to take the chance and just plead ignorance to the poker site if caught.

It is in fact poker sites' stance towards such a program which makes it unfair advantage towards the players who are trying to play by their rules.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:41 PM

is there a program like poker edge but only uses your PT database?

ie:
look at your pt database, and show what hands this player played when raising in that position
Old 05-24-2006, 07:20 PM

Default no problems at party

I'm surprised more of you aren't using Poker-Edge... it's been my secret weapon. I've been using PE on Party now for the last 3 months with no problems. I'm not running any special configuration either. It seems that Party is either not attempting to detect PE, or not able to detect it.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:45 AM

Default Re: no problems at party

I am using Poker Edge at Titan Poker and haven't encountered any problems.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: no problems at party

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised more of you aren't using Poker-Edge... it's been my secret weapon. I've been using PE on Party now for the last 3 months with no problems. I'm not running any special configuration either. It seems that Party is either not attempting to detect PE, or not able to detect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me this is troubling. The sites clearly label this product as an "unfair advantage" but it appears are powerless to stop it. The only players who are at a disadvantage are the ones who are "playing by the rules" according to site's T.O.S.

Players who are datamining or sharing databases are also breaking site's T.O.S., (i.e., a player should be using only information in hands they were directly involved in, and not information obtained from an outside source) but as it has already been discussed, this would be impossible for sites to police and stop. This group of players may not be so concerned about this Poker-Edge product since their datamining and database sharing helps to offset the advantage that Poker-Edge provides. In fact, this group of players are also probably quite happy that the sites do in fact label products like Poker-Edge as an "unfair advantage" and scare players from using it with threats of account closure and siezing funds. This only helps the data-miners and data base sharers to keep a larger edge on the other players.

Informed players who are playing by the rules, should be demanding that the sites come out and permit programs like Poker-edge.

Note: I am not affiliated with Poker-Edge in anyway.