Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:06 AM

Default Re: WPEX and O8

LOL, while you're at it refrain from naming your limits everytime you post too. Also, refrain from posting your finishes in tourneys in your profile. Finally, try to refrain from generally acting like a douche in 90% of your posts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2006, 11:13 AM

webmonarch,

You just gotta meet the Gnu. Then you'll understand and appreciate the wee-ness.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stand corrected! I did not realize that he plays the super high stakes 15/30 game!!1!!! THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE! HE MUST BE THE GREATEST PLAYER EVAR!!!

I HEAR HE ALSO PLAYS 10/20 WHEN HE'S SLUMMING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you losers have some $0.50/$1 games to multi-table for 30 cents an hour? Or are you only there when bonus-whoring?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I meant no real offense in my original post and was just poking fun at your expense but seriously man, no one cares what limit you are playing - it's no big deal. I know you're proud, and you should be, as it is an accomplishment but mentioning it every post makes you like like a 12 year old idiot.

And, although I know you're trying really hard to be funny and save face with the quoted response but I've been playing your limits for a lot longer than you have (holdem). But, if it makes you feel better to think that then feel free.

Also, the fact that you never say how many hands you've played at these limits says a lot about you as a person.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stand corrected! I did not realize that he plays the super high stakes 15/30 game!!1!!! THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE! HE MUST BE THE GREATEST PLAYER EVAR!!!

I HEAR HE ALSO PLAYS 10/20 WHEN HE'S SLUMMING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you losers have some $0.50/$1 games to multi-table for 30 cents an hour? Or are you only there when bonus-whoring?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I meant no real offense in my original post and was just poking fun at your expense but seriously man, no one cares what limit you are playing - it's no big deal. I know you're proud, and you should be, as it is an accomplishment but mentioning it every post makes you like like a 12 year old idiot.

And, although I know you're trying really hard to be funny and save face with the quoted response but I've been playing your limits for a lot longer than you have (holdem). But, if it makes you feel better to think that then feel free.

Also, the fact that you never say how many hands you've played at these limits says a lot about you as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]
watch it, gnu might stand up and bite your knee
Old 05-24-2006, 12:31 PM

casper, frigging hilarious pic, thanks for taking the time.

Mark, sorry, I know I brag way too much. Partly because, well, I'm a braggart, and partly because I like to get on the nerves of Niss and Mute.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MarkD Wrote: Also, the fact that you never say how many hands you've played at these limits says a lot about you as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand why this bothers you. Here's the thing, when I first started this last year, I was posting my bankroll and it's growth.

But eventually I didn't want anyone knowing how much money I have. So I opted to instead list my hourly rate, but not how many hours or hands I've played.

If it's any consilation, my hourly rate is about $32 or so from online play. But that's because I include all the lower limits I've played plus tournaments and sit n' go's in my hourly rate calculation.

I just remember someone on here commenting on my being a "mediocre" player. While I realize I'm not the best and I'm nowhere near and probably will never be "world class" in my skill level, I feel I'm far beyond "mediocre" in my skills.

And I'm not restricted to just one game. So posting my bb/100 hands at 15/30 is kind of an "in your face" move on my part. I take a lot of crap on these boards, although I realize that the way I present myself encourages it many times.

Suffice to say, I am making enough with online play that I am going to be only working one 8-hour shift for my employer starting in two weeks.

I haven't severed all ties just yet, but it's likely coming. And I had my wife quit her job as well.

Because I'm at the higher limits, I expect to be able to increase my hourly rate considerably from where it's at now.

And overall, I have about 97K hands played in my pokertracker across all the limits of Omaha (limit and pot limit games played)
Old 05-24-2006, 06:07 PM

grandgnu,

Let me make my position clear, since you have responded in a polite curteous manner with obvious good intentions.

I don't care how much money you make at poker or what limits you are playing. I'm not jealous, or anything like that, it just doesn't matter to me at all and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Some people might care, and that's what the BBV forume is for, but I don't.

What I initially commented on was you bragging about the limits you play in nearly every post you make. It serves no purpose at all, except possibly stroking your ego, and it's a poor way of doing that (it is much better to simply look at your pokertracker and see how much moola you are making).

My comment:

Is meant to reflect the fact that you do all of this bragging and posting of win rates at these limits but everyone knows how much varience there is in poker so if you haven't played this limits for a long time posting your winrate is beyond meaningless.

Basically, I'm kind of new to this forum (I've lurked but never participated for any length of time) and your posts have portrayed you to be that kid on the playground who has to tell everyone how great he is at everything but provides no proof to back it up. Do you understand the image that you have portrayed? If you're cool with that, then power to you, but I don't think that is the image you are trying to achieve. I'm guessing that you are serious about this game and want people to take you seriously. Maybe my read is wrong. But, if my read is right you need to change the way you post slightly to reflect the image that you do want to portray. You will take a lot less crap. All of the crap I have seen you take in my limited time on these forums is crap that you have perpetuated with the posts that you make.

So, it's up to you to portray the image you want. I honestly don't care. I didn't come here to get into a pissing contest or a fight of any kind. I am here to learn / help and generally get better at poker. I am taking a break from holdem and this is the game that I have chosen (and so far I'm happy with my choice). I've never really gotten into someone's face before on these boards and almost all of my posts are in strategy forums.

I wish you all the best with your game and your life, but I'd prefer to see more effort put into strategy related posts and less effort spent on informing the world of the limits that you play.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:27 PM

This is the best thread ever.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MARK D WROTE: I wish you all the best with your game and your life, but I'd prefer to see more effort put into strategy related posts and less effort spent on informing the world of the limits that you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, this one time, at poker camp, I had pocket Kings?

I understand, and you're right. I invite a lot of the abuse myself. I will try very hard to eat some humble pie, but I make no promises.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just remember someone on here commenting on my being a "mediocre" player. While I realize I'm not the best and I'm nowhere near and probably will never be "world class" in my skill level, I feel I'm far beyond "mediocre" in my skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think of you as a mediocre poster, because you rarely post anything headed in the direction of strategy discussion and the one I remember most was a post where you basically asked," how was my line?" Most people said not very good and then you argued to death about how awesomely correct it was without addressing specific complaints people had with it. Most of my comments toward you are still ment as jovial ribbing. I have no idea if you are a good player since I haven't played at the same table with you at all much less long enough to have a good idea of your game. I hope you do have success at the table.
Closed Thread