Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Bodog Wild Card Poker Final

Bret,
I am just curious how you ended up in this event. What was the initial tourney that you won to get to that table? Was it one big tourney you won, or did you advance to that final table through a staged series of tourneys?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:29 PM

I went to bodog.com one day and it said, "register and tell us why your are TV's next poker superstar". So I filled out the form, answered a few questions, submitted a few photos, and I sorta forgot about it. About a month later I randomly received an email saying that I was a finalist for the Wild Card poker show. I did a 10 minute phone interview with Fox Sports Net and I found out they selected me to play a few days later. Within a week I was in Costa Rica filming for the show.

I think it helped that I am young (24), enjoy the bodog "lifestyle", play on Bodog and have won a few MTT's on the site. I think they are doing the show again next year so you should look into registering. I hope I get to play in it again!!! Later on

Bret
Old 05-24-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to bodog.com one day and it said, "register and tell us why your are TV's next poker superstar". So I filled out the form, answered a few questions, submitted a few photos, and I sorta forgot about it. About a month later I randomly received an email saying that I was a finalist for the Wild Card poker show. I did a 10 minute phone interview with Fox Sports Net and I found out they selected me to play a few days later. Within a week I was in Costa Rica filming for the show.

I think it helped that I am young (24), enjoy the bodog "lifestyle", play on Bodog and have won a few MTT's on the site. I think they are doing the show again next year so you should look into registering. I hope I get to play in it again!!! Later on

Bret

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is pretty frikkin cool! I thought you won your way there through some online tourneys, but it's kinda cool that you were just chosen at random (for the most part) to got and play! Good work! Not to bring up a sore subject, but weren't you chip leader at one point at that final table? How did it feel to have the big stack while seated at a table with several pros?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:52 PM

haha, yeah I was chip leader for a while during the final table. One thing I learned and this might sound elementary is that you have to make these aggressive pros make decisions that could cost them all (or a nice chunk) of their chips....otherwise, they will win a ton of small pots, build their stacks, and eventually dominate you.

You didn't see it on TV but throughout the final table and after we both busted out Daniel Negreanu talked to me about each one of the substantial plays I made. Like after I busted Ng and lost a huge pot to Arieh he reaffirmed that I played the hand well, just like he would have played them....makes me feel good about the tough decisions I had to make...
Old 05-25-2006, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is Bret Oliverio...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurt-ing...

Great, Brett Micheals is on 2+2 now...NoVa homegames= DAGGER!
Old 06-09-2006, 05:55 AM

Greg,

Just curious. Is there a tourney rule that says I have to muck both of my cards at the same time or can I muck them one at a time?