Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Buying expensive jeans - trip report

I don't often wear jeans... not because I don't like them, but because I don't have a pair that fit me well. The only pair of jeans I have that "fit" me are the ones I was wearing when I had a 36" waist. I've kept up with my new year's fitness resolution and am now down to 33". I needed new jeans. I had recently run very well in poker playing fishy above my bankroll, so I decided to go to Nordstrom with my girlfriend. My budget for this purchase was $200.

I had never been to Nordstrom. It's nice inside. Shiny, reflective tile floor... some dude playing the piano... lots of open space. Smelled pretty nice too. Ah! I found some jeans. A pair of Hugo Boss jeans to be exact. Blue. Plain. I like. She doesn't - but hey, they're going to be my jeans, aren't they? I grab a 33x30 and a 34x30.

"Can I help you with something, sir?"

Oh great. A salesrep trying to help me. Normally I'd rather just look for stuff myself, but I was unfamiliar with the layout of the store, so I accepted his aid.

"Jeans! All of them! BRING ME ALL OF YOUR JEANS!!!"

OK - I didn't really say that... but that's what happened. He looked like a packmule. He grabbed one pair of almost everything in sight in size 33x30 and 34x30 and we walked to the fitting room with my girlfriend and this gay salesrep. Good - I'll get two opinions on my choices now.

I stand in the fitting room with jeans all over the place. Hugo Boss, Lucky, AG, Indigo Palms, Diesel, Ermenegildo Zegna, and others. I try the Hugo Boss first.

They don't freaking fit - either size. wtf?

Ah yes... I remember wtf. I may have a fairly narrow waist, but my legs and ass disproportionately bigger due to years of heavy squatting. EVERY SINGLE PAIR OF JEANS these dudes brought me fit perfectly on the waist but tight in the ass, thigh, and crotch area. I swear - it felt like I was wearing girls' jeans.

To summarize, I tried on over 20 pairs of jeans in waist sizes 33 and 34 ranging from $75 to $175 in price. Not a single pair fit comfortably.

Discouraged, I left... doomed to never wear jeans again.

I then bought a pair of Levis and Ralph Laurens at Macy's. The Levis were $29.99 and the Ralph Laurens were $14.99. They fit perfectly and looked better than any of the jeans I tried on.

[censored] you and your overpriced clothes, Nordstrom.

Cliff's Notes: Warik wants super fancy jeans from Nordstrom. He tries on every single pair his size in the store and none of them fit. He then pays 5x less for 2 pairs at Macy's that look the same as the Nordstrom and fit better.