Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Re: How could i have played this hand better?

I didnt say i was definately folding to any bet on the turn it would obviously depend on the size of the bet
Old 05-19-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt say i was definately folding to any bet on the turn it would obviously depend on the size of the bet

[/ QUOTE ]
I expect that any bet on the turn would be all in given that you have just over half the pot behind.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What size bet would you fold to? Even if he had the nuts, you would likely have odds to call any sized bet.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:01 PM

If we checkraise the flop and push the turn we are going all in whether we have the best hand or villian has the nuts. The hand is essentially over on the turn. If we check call the flop and pot the turn if we are raised we still have chips left and can decide whether we want to call or not. Which line is better? I need to thing about this some more, but I think there are merits to either approach. If I'm raised on the turn I don't think I could fine a fold in me.

Bruce
Old 05-19-2006, 04:01 PM

This is where i would disagree, if i knew he had the nuts which i am confident id be able to determine by the size of his bet (Most likely he would bet the pot) it being a tournament and not a cash game id fold. Its a tournament and having only one card and putting all of my chips at risk (which is still above the average with me folding) doesnt seem like a smart move to me. In retrospect, i made the right decision i won the tournament but am i way off here?
Old 05-19-2006, 04:32 PM

There is only one real bet size for him if he bets, it will be enough to put you all in. Just because it's a tournament doesn't mean you can get away from your hand if he bets the turn here, the pot odds you are getting are just too attractive (you will almost quadruple up) and you have so many outs. Even against a rock you should call here, so against an aggressive player you are making a huge mistake by folding. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and get lucky in a big pot.