Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: BB Special (2/4)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any flop action that would make me think either of the players had a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] CO could be attempting to free card then gives up. UTG is calling a bunch of bets. Of course these arent guaranteed FDs but arent these actions that usually come along with FDs?

[ QUOTE ]
bet/call the turn ... if you don't you will get raised, if you do then they probably aren't going to bet for you on this "scare card".

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess with effective +implied odds a bet/call is a bit closer when raised on the turn. But we also have reverse implied odds when we improve and are still no good. So after reassessing I think I'd rank b/f > b/c >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>c/anything. I still think its close.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any flop action that would make me think either of the players had a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Say what? What DOES it look like then?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy cold calling 2 before putting money in.

True
Old 05-15-2006, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy cold calling 2 before putting money in.

True

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever.

False
Old 05-15-2006, 12:12 PM

Bubbles, I think your play here is very read-dependent. At a full-ring table then hell-yes you are almost always up against a flush draw on that flop and you can cry and go limp on the turn.

At 6-max plenty of players don't really make sense on the flop and love to get cute on the turn. You have a hand worthy of showdown, so if you have any kind of read that either player is over-aggressive postflop then I think you can peel this turn for 2 bets profitably, but given the board I think it's close.

And OOP in a multiway pot I am still betting this turn 80% of the time. If I have a read that either player behind me (esp UTG) is a betting station then I may check it.

FWIW I think you could be up against hands like Ad7x or an overpair SOME percentage of the time so you can adjust your pot odds to continue a little bit.

As the turn played, I think its close and I don't mind the fold since you could be up against a raising war and you really don't want to go 4-bets. That is my main reason for betting this turn...you can call 1 back and fold for 2 back.

Checking the turn doesn't tell you anything about UTG's hand since you don't know if he's betting for value or betting to protect his hand since you checked and presumable he doesn't want to let a 4th flush card hit for free.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:33 PM

BigBrother, excellent post! If the pot had been just a tad bigger (ie raised pf), I'd bet the turn. I think in terms of pot size almost always when I make my decisions, which isn't always great, as shown in this hand.

But you guys have convinced me that a bet is in order regardless. I will have this thread in mind next time I'm in a similar situation.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BigBrother, excellent post! If the pot had been just a tad bigger (ie raised pf), I'd bet the turn. I think in terms of pot size almost always when I make my decisions, which isn't always great, as shown in this hand.

But you guys have convinced me that a bet is in order regardless. I will have this thread in mind next time I'm in a similar situation.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why the pot size would make you more inclined or not to bet this, that doesn't really make any sense.

True
Old 05-15-2006, 01:51 PM

Giving a free card in a big pot is a disaster. Giving a free card in a small pot is wrong, but not to the same extent.

My read in this hand was, however, that I was behind on the turn.

UTG had a flush, CO had a bigger flush.