Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2006, 06:08 PM

Default Lame move?

$1/2 no limit game at FW. There is an old guy with about $40 in chips and a wad of $20 bills. According to the rules, the $20 bills don't play on the table. I notice them, but don't say anything because I don't care.

Old guy gets into a hand with another guy. I think it goes raise, reraise, re-reraise and then all in by the old guy as he pushes all his $20 bills in. Other guy calls. They flip and old guy has AA and other guy has KK. THird guy, not in the hand at all, says "the $20 bills don't play." KK guy remembers the rule and then starts whining "that's right, the $20 bills don't play - call the floor."

Floor comes over and it's a quick decision - Yes, the $20 bills don't play. So old guy has to take the $100 in bills back and instead just doubles up his $40 in chips when his AA holds up against KK.

I understand the rule and the decision. But anyone else find it to be a dick move that (a) the guy who is not in the hand points out the rule and (b) the guy with the KK latches on to it? If old guy turns over KK and other guy turns over AA, I'm sure AA guy isn't going to jump to enforce the "20 dollar bills don't play" rule. Everyone could see that the old guy had $20 bills on the table. I think it was a total dick move to decide to say something when you're in a hand with the guy and he has you by the balls.