Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 AM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans, if you think about it.
Default Re: losing respect

how does child support work anyway - normally it's determined by a percentage of your income or something right ? for someone who hasn't been paying it, if they finally get a job , does it work the same way or do they take more because he owes ?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how does child support work anyway - normally it's determined by a percentage of your income or something right ? for someone who hasn't been paying it, if they finally get a job , does it work the same way or do they basically take all his money because he owes it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure. a gal i know has a deadbeat baby-daddy, and he is currently locked up for not paying child support (on some kids he has with ANOTHER gal). not sure how he is supposed to pay these bills from his cell. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2006, 12:19 AM

others here will know more than i about being able to give plasma and getting clean in time to do it, but surprisingly from what i have heard, marijuana takes longer to clear than uglier things...is this true?

i had some low cost rental property and had lots of bad situations over years with meth users in particular. i do remember the standard method of getting a little cash (other than stealing from me) was giving plasma. if anyone remembers a post i made about "having had" instead of having to have, a lot of it came from coming to terms with missing things that i thought were packed away that later turned up missing.

rape comes to mind when you think of your home being violated, and not just a body.

before you would steal from a friend, you would have to think the your friend would say No, if you asked for help...when would that happen? only if you weren't deserving, or the friend couldn't afford it. so logically, if a person still steals from friends, they do not believe that they deserve help, or they don't care that the friend can't afford to help.

this type of person needs more help than a friend should have to give! so folks, look in your lives and make amends if you have ever taken anythign from a friend...and that isn't just "stuff" but it can be people or emotional items too.[/soapbox]

sorry, i got wrapped up in things as i wrote.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:20 AM

Gorie,

it's not making sense because you're looking at it from your sane/sound mindset (I say this not knowing you, but whatever). Sounds like he has some serious chemical/psychological/mental/social issues.

For the record, do not help this man right now. He can be helped, but he needs to decide he needs it on his own. Until then, he'll probably take advantage of anyone who tries.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:33 AM

people who don't pay child support are slightly below Karl Rove and slightly above rapists on my hierarchy of humanity.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:45 AM

I wonder if any of my friends ever searched my backpack when something was missing. I don't imagine they tell the person they searched if they don't find anything. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Can [censored] have a fruit name please.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:50 AM

I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas
I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas

A
I like to ate, ate, ate ay-ples and ba-nay-nays
I like to ate, ate, ate ay-ples and ba-nay-nays

E
I like to eat, eat, eat ee-ples and bee-nee-nees
I like to eat, eat, eat ee-ples and bee-nee-nees

I
I like to ite, ite, ite i-ples and by-ny-nys
I like to ite, ite, ite i-ples and by-ny-nys

O
I like to ote, ote, ote oh-ples and bo-no-nos
I like to ote, ote, ote oh-ples and bo-no-nos

U
I like to oot, oot, oot oo-ples and boo-noo-noos
I like to oot, oot, oot oo-ples and boo-noo-noos

Sorry, this post just made me think of that old kids song
Old 05-06-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he sells plasma twice a week for money. this is weird

[/ QUOTE ]
No it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:55 AM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans, if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if any of my friends ever searched my backpack when something was missing. I don't imagine they tell the person they searched if they don't find anything. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Can [censored] have a fruit name please.

[/ QUOTE ]

as my bf was telling me the story first thing i said was "they went through his backpack ?" cuz i thought it was weird too. but i guess they had good reason to do it. not sure they did it behind his back or if they made him open it or what.

who knows.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:01 AM

gorie,

A guy who worked at my college, who I liked and respected, was running from his child support payments too. I think a lot of men are very bitter when they lose custody and visitation rights to their children, but still have to pay. Unfortunately if children are caught up in a power struggle between parents it can be really unfair for everyone. Sometimes this is due to the fault of one or both parents, but it's ALWAYS ugly.

However the selling plasma, robbing Magic geeks etc, that's just weak sauce. There are plenty of under the table jobs for any marginally competent person. It's funny how much some people can pass for decent / okay / even cool when you don't challenge them to do anything but sit on a couch.

NT