Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: How were you affected by “a day without immigrants”?

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't notice anything, but there really isn't much of an immigrant population in DC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I had the opposite impression when I lived down there. I hustled my [censored] in Vienna, VA and it seemed all the service jobs like McDonalds, etc. were being done by immigrants...
Old 05-02-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hit and run accidents were down 90%.
People actually paying their emergency room bills increase 210%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also noticed a 234.54% increase in the bigots level of anxiety.
And a 188.12% increase in the high blood pressure levels of racists.

[/ QUOTE ]

and a 273.5% drop in my estimation of your IQ after i read this post

haha kidding but come on now. do you doubt that inner city hospitals where there are a lot illegal aliens are packed with them? and do they pay for the care? do you doubt that illegal aliens driving without insurance is a real problem? i know a few people personally who have been hit by guatemalans with no insurance, and they are just [censored] out of luck.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha kidding but come on now. do you doubt that inner city hospitals where there are a lot illegal aliens are packed with them? and do they pay for the care? do you doubt that illegal aliens driving without insurance is a real problem? i know a few people personally who have been hit by guatemalans with no insurance, and they are just [censored] out of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is always racist to state something if it is unflattering to a minority, even if it is a fact. However, 'Nothing Gringo" day, represents cutural pride and isn't racist at all.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:10 PM

yeah it's a well known fact that only white people can be racist.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:17 PM

Nobody showed up for work and there was chaos.

Okay, I work on an Air Force base so we don't have too many illegal aliens around the office. Nor Hispanics willing to go AWOL on their behalf.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is always racist to state something if it is unflattering to a minority, even if it is a fact. However, 'Nothing Gringo" day, represents cutural pride and isn't racist at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Are you saying the original statement was a fact? It was just a racist joke. Nothing more. The fact that you guys attacked him for firing a joke back is insane.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:32 PM

I'll tell you all how I was affected. Although I am known around here as a rabid conservative, I have also stated in this forum in the past that I am in favor of liberal immigration policies, particularly upping the quota for Mexico and Central America, and giving residential amnesty to illegal aliens already here. This is a nation of immigrants and we need them for our economy, although I believe we should give strong preference to certain nearby countries, while giving less to others not in this hemisphere.

But no person in another country has a right to come here. Our constitution is for citizens, and even if it provides certain rights to non-citizens in criminal proceedings, or in civil ones when legally resident, it says nothing and should say nothing regarding non-citizens having rights to immigrate here. I believe it is in our best interest economically and politically for the historic rationale upon which this country was populated from Europe, to provide opportunities for others to immigrate here. But it is our right to do so or not, and not theirs to demand.

So yesterday affected me by making me consider whether I need to rethink my more liberal views on immigration and back more restrictive policies instead. Because what is the logical extension of this? Every poor nation in the world demanding that the US accept whatever number of their citizens per year that choose to and are able to come to our shores? That we reward every lawbreaker who makes it across our borders instantly with residency, and not as a result of a generous amnesty after a proven track record of work and crime-free living here?

It is in our own interests, as well as that of poorer countries near us, to be generous and allow in those willing to work and become productive members of our country and citizens ultimately. But is it their place to so demand? HELL NO!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:09 PM

There was fear that they would be let go if they didn't come to work en masse. So we discussed it.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:35 PM

Wow. That's amazing. How did you personally observe all that?
Yes, I drove all day and my car was not involved in any hit-and-run accidents from uninsured illegal immigrants. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Coin Flip: Heads You\'re a Racist and Tails You\'re a Bigot

What? Are you saying the original statement was a fact? It was just a racist joke. Nothing more. The fact that you guys attacked him for firing a joke back is insane.
There are illegal immigrants from Russia, China, Korea, Africa, Middle East, Central America, S.America, etc....
Which race are you accusing me of being racist towards?

Or are you using a typically race-baiting tactic that if a person wants American immigration laws to be enforced then they must be a racist?