Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: TheMetetron attempts to win a Party Cruise....

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, what time do they update your Party Points for the previous day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Roughly 10AM ET
Old 12-24-2005, 10:11 PM

3-4 days was the absolute minimum one could finish it when I did it because party was only 4-tables max then.

this makes a big difference.

they should probably update around 10a or so eastern...but it might be different over the holiday weekend.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:17 AM

undecided right now on whether I will continue.

Playing badly already and spewing chips all over the place is NOT a good combination with 10-tabling while super-tired.
I think we all knew that already anyway.

I thought I could play ultra-tight and just get the hands in...but obviously I'm going to push my edge when I have it and that means losing some REALLY big pots to typical bad beats (that I still think I've been getting more of lately).

Anyway, after 16k hands I'm running at -1BB/ to continue my monsterous losing streak.

I'm more than half-way there on the points...but I'm not sure I'm comfortable trying to finish this.
might try to slow down and just finish it off in 3 days (instead of 2) and see if that's still good enough to get the cruise package.

We'll see.

Too tired to make an official decision right now.

I got my ass kicked tonight (over and over and over).
Old 12-25-2005, 02:20 AM

My friend and I thought about marathoning it to get the cruise package, but neither of us is a gold member so we figured it wouldnt be worth. Plus my account is still in my moms name [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so i need to change it before i try to qualify for the cruise.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
undecided right now on whether I will continue.

Playing badly already and spewing chips all over the place is NOT a good combination with 10-tabling while super-tired.
I think we all knew that already anyway.

I thought I could play ultra-tight and just get the hands in...but obviously I'm going to push my edge when I have it and that means losing some REALLY big pots to typical bad beats (that I still think I've been getting more of lately).

Anyway, after 16k hands I'm running at -1BB/ to continue my monsterous losing streak.

I'm more than half-way there on the points...but I'm not sure I'm comfortable trying to finish this.
might try to slow down and just finish it off in 3 days (instead of 2) and see if that's still good enough to get the cruise package.

We'll see.

Too tired to make an official decision right now.

I got my ass kicked tonight (over and over and over).

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered taking a few months off from poker and getting a real job? Seriously, that is one monster downstreak, it would probably do you some good.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:07 AM

I haven't played since I updated earlier.

Tired as crap and need to sleep for a few hours then I'll try to marathon another 22,000 hands out of the next 1 1/2 days (I have one more obligation of about 3 hrs tomorrow, then I'm done for Christmas). This whole Christmas thing is really eating into my playing time. I could have topped 20k hands by now otherwise.

Bob, how many hands at $10/20 6max would you say are raked? I went with 85% for my hand calcs, but I'm not sure if that's right or now. If I haven't topped 6.5k points by the update tomorrow at 7 AM, I may give up.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:50 AM

grrrrr....looking for info ...can't find....what free cruise promotion is this??...i mean i see the reply to sponger and understand its like the one they did last year...but can't find link and/or eligibility requirements/when it started...hating party right now.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
grrrrr....looking for info ...can't find....what free cruise promotion is this??...i mean i see the reply to sponger and understand its like the one they did last year...but can't find link and/or eligibility requirements/when it started...hating party right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Private promotion to VIP members.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:21 AM

they sent an e-mail to VIP members. lots more talk about this in the A/R forum.

metetron - you can look at your total number of raked-hands in pokertracker. go to game-notes...and then 'get all' onb the upper-right(and set it for min-rake at least $0.25 or whatever) and you should be able to caluclate EXACTLY how many points you have.

I was getting 72% raked in my brief stints at 10/20 6-max yesterday....but I was personally playing pretty gosh-darned tight so that probably influenced my own table's numbers I've decided.

For normal TAG type play I would think it should be in the 75-80% range or higher.
I was actually quite surprised to see how low it was yesterday but I guess I wasn't stealing or defending very much (not nearly as liberally anyway) so that actually made a difference.

There are a handful of people who are clearly doing this at 10/20 and 15/30 BBJ. All the same guys on the same tables.
Even talking about it at the tables.
however, I'm not sure how many people are actually going for this. Not too many on the 10/20, 15/30 BBJ tables I don't think.
Obviously some more on 10/20 6-max, etc.
But on the holiday weekend it's kind of tough for most normal people who have actual lives.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) this weekend works out perfectly for me.
I already visited the family 2 weeks ago...and my GF has to actually work (she's a nurse at a hospital....and some people just insist on being sick on XMas I guess).

My update - I gave it another quick shot last night after some rest and updating my own bankroll numbers. And I actually went on a nice little surge to end the night which was long overdue.
So I'm sticking with it for now but am not 100% committed to finishing it because of bankroll considerations.
It would certainly be silly to go completely broke or to lose $8k or something while trying to win a $12k prize.

jman - might get a regular job to take a break from the grind although I don't have many options to make any real money.
Obviously if the bankroll gets down to a certain point it will become a necessity and not an option but that would be okay too.

But my current plan is still to step WAY back and just grind-out bonuses and rake-back while I also take a LOT of time to read-up and study from the very beginning (including GSIH and WLLHE).
I was starting that when this silly promo came up and I thought "Well...even if I lose $2500...that's still $12k in prize-value"

I should hopefully be able to build up my bankroll fairly quickly (after this marathon is over)....and I might even stay down there if I decide I like it better.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Private promotion to VIP members.

[/ QUOTE ]

once again sounds retarded...i was VIP member but apparently didn't play enough even though this month i have like $3k in rake or something. they are just so off the ball. I'd have had half a zillion points already if only someone had told me.