Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: United 93...Possible to review objectively?

[ QUOTE ]
I also want to know if this part is in the movie because it sounds really cool.
[ QUOTE ]
"The airplane headed down; the control wheel was turned hard to the right. The airplane rolled onto its back, and one of the hijackers began shouting, 'Allah is the greatest. Allah is the greatest.'

"With the sounds of the passenger counter-attack continuing, the aircraft plowed into an empty field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, at 580 miles per hour, about 20 minutes' flying time from Washington, D.C."

[/ QUOTE ]
LINK

That's gotta make for a great scene. A fight scene in an upside down diving airplane? HELLS YEAH!

[/ QUOTE ]

OT: I'm one of the people who thinks that the plane was shot down, and I've thought that since day 1. I just don't get why this is such a "kooky" theory ... The guv shot down a plane that was headed to either the Capitol or the WH. The guv doesn't want to look like a bunch of butchers who killed however many of their own citizens (albeit in order to avoid a greater disaster) so they trump up (without necessarily creating out of whole cloth) the inevitable attempts of the passengers to save themselves. In the process, a bunch of heroes are created on what was to become the darkest day in our history. Is that such a bad thing?

Also, it is terrible to even consider but if the government was in a position to stop that plane from destroying either the Capitol or the White House and did nothing would be to betray us all.

I certainly wouldn't be shocked if it comes out that the official story of flight 93 is what actually happened. I just don't get how the notion that it was shot down is crazy and totally unreasonable.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:13 PM

Bad taste??
Old 05-14-2006, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OT: I'm one of the people who thinks that the plane was shot down, and I've thought that since day 1. I just don't get why this is such a "kooky" theory...

I certainly wouldn't be shocked if it comes out that the official story of flight 93 is what actually happened. I just don't get how the notion that it was shot down is crazy and totally unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people don't think the idea that the gov't might have had to shoot down a plane on 9/11 is kooky. What seems a bit kooky is that some people believe it happened just because it could have happened.

-Z