Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: 200: Warning: A Different Line with QQ

Qtip from most of the hands you post you seem to be a very passive player, but mayb thats just what u post here. If youve been 3betting him light most of the night, isnt this essentially the hand youre setting him up for? Whats the point of betting the river, theres really nothing that you beat.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you've been 3-betting him a lot I'd just 3-bet here and hope he pushes over the top with a weaker hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely. This is correct and I don't think there is a good second best option. As played I might vbet the rive for like $60.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of times we tailor our "balancing acts" towards aggression, whereas I think there are a lot of times when we can tailor it towards passiveness. We have deep stacks here, and I can use my position to my advantage here. The larger the pot gets in porportion to the stacks, the less my position means to me. I can really get him thinking in these spots with plays like this which allow me to get free cards and showdowns with other hands and so forth. I'm calling here with a LOT of hands PF. I would be doing so with suited 2 gappers, suited aces, unsuited connectors, pps and so forth.

That's my $.02 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you are normally raising this preflop but you occasionally will flat call against an aggressive player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Qtip from most of the hands you post you seem to be a very passive player, but mayb thats just what u post here. If youve been 3betting him light most of the night, isnt this essentially the hand youre setting him up for? Whats the point of betting the river, theres really nothing that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the point I'm making. Yes, I'm setting him up for a big hand. But yes, I'm also setting him up here for other hands where I'll want less money in on the flop and turn.

I agree about the river, which is why I didn't bet it.

Also, I think I'm probably a bit too aggressive. I run about 16/12/3.8. If I reraised PF and he folded or c/fed to a cbet, there wouldn't be much to post about it. I do like to post hands that I think will generate good discussion, which I think has been accomplished here.

Also, in terms of passive, check out my flopped straight on mono board here, and call me agrodonk there.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good point. I can see that playing QQ this way against an aggressive player can be fine, but with your history it may be best to 3-bet here and hope he pushes.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good point. I can see that playing QQ this way against an aggressive player can be fine, but with your history it may be best to 3-bet here and hope he pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the stack sizes, do you still wish he pushes over a $25 reraise?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Jacob.... I slapped myself on the wrist for not remembering the stack sizes.

I think it makes it much closer between a 3-bet and a call with the stacks being a little bit deeper. If the stacks are 200BB deep are you 3-betting then because you will have more room to work postflop?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Jacob.... I slapped myself on the wrist for not remembering the stack sizes.

I think it makes it much closer between a 3-bet and a call with the stacks being a little bit deeper. If the stacks are 200BB deep are you 3-betting then because you will have more room to work postflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes some sense too. However, this hand for me was more about the times I cc with A7s clubs or 79s clubs or whatever.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes some sense too. However, this hand for me was more about the times I cc with A7s clubs or 79s clubs or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, a little balancing is fine. I think it is important to consider whether this guy is worth what you are giving up. However, since the stack sizes are the way they are it may be the best play to call here regardless of the fact because your SPR is going to be bad after a 3-bet.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, a little balancing is fine. I think it is important to consider whether this guy is worth what you are giving up. However, since the stack sizes are the way they are it may be the best play to call here regardless of the fact because your SPR is going to be bad after a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we're giving up near as much as people are thinking. This guy is too aggressive, and I'll make up for that and possibly then some by his two/three barrels.

In this hand, he had 78o.

I think we both played the hand quite well.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we're giving up near as much as people are thinking. This guy is too aggressive, and I'll make up for that and possibly then some by his two/three barrels.

In this hand, he had 78o.

I think we both played the hand quite well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, in fact. I am thinking that in this particular spot you may be better off just calling regardless due to the stack sizes.

The giving up stuff was just mean as a more general statement. If the stacks were 100BB I think a 3-bet may make more sense as you can commit easily if he pushes given your past. In that case I think you would be giving up a lot if you just called. Now, if he was just aggressive but you hadn't been 3-betting him my opinion would change again.

There, now I'm not so vague! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]