Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Should I be raising this? $540 Venetian

[ QUOTE ]
dude jam river, he'll never expect it!

[/ QUOTE ]
What do want out of a 22 when you go to the flop, over pairs or a set? When you hit the set you are on doubble/bust mode. Either you should double up with this hand or bust to a higher set/straight/flush. But not getting all you'r chips in is really not the way to play a hand like this!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What do want out of a 22 when you go to the flop, over pairs or a set? When you hit the set you are on doubble/bust mode. Either you should double up with this hand or bust to a higher set/straight/flush. But not getting all you'r chips in is really not the way to play a hand like this!

[/ QUOTE ]

DUde that's an awful way to think.

FWIW he had AQo on T-high board so i'm sure I got the most possible this particular time
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56 PM

I hate to say this, but you can minraise the river. it practically forces him to call it.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to say this, but you can minraise the river. it practically forces him to call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this for all the reasons I hated raising to begin with
Old 06-03-2007, 12:24 AM

Should have of course raised at some point. omg I actually played in this tourney today, but I think you are talking about the day before.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:21 AM

I think your being results oriented here. Your saying that u dont want to bust vs an over-set. The chances are small, you cant really worry about these kind of things without a very very solid read. Also you talk about max value, the only thing you get maxvalue from is the exact hand that he has, 2 overs. So all your doing now is telling yourself that it was played perfectly fine b/c he had the only hand that would shutdown vs you if you fired at some point.

If he has anything like an overpair, TPTK, or 2 pair, your going to get more value. Turn you should of repoped to 3k, who knows maybe he even shoves on you or atleast calls that, and if he has a better hand you get more value. You need to be aiming to get maxvalue against his range, and not just against the one hand he has.

Also i like the curtains method of, toss out 3k in 1k chips and when the dealer says raise, be like "omg i thought those were the 500 chips!"
Old 06-03-2007, 06:23 AM

There's no way he has 2-pair on this board, and I hardly think I'm getting any more out of an over-pair or TPTK here, I just don't see a good player stacking off with those hands on this board in the first 20 minutes of a deep-stack event.

We started with 200BB here, how the F is he going to call off his entire tournament on such a weak hand? I wouldn't so much say that I'm WORRIED about getting out-setted is that I still just don't think I'm getting any more chips out of a hand that's weaker than mine by raising.

I do realize I may be results oriented, and that's why I posted it to begin with.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUde that's an awful way to think.

FWIW he had AQo on T-high board so i'm sure I got the most possible this particular time

[/ QUOTE ]Enlighten me!

why do you play 22 at all when you don't get all your chips in the middle when you hit the set. Are you looking for the four of a kind on the flop to play the twos? As I understand there is no straight or flush possible! Why would you only call him when you have the set, to show the table what a crappy player you are? What would differ if you would have raised on the river and he would have folded, you would still have won the pot. You would just have the table guessing what you had. I bet a few players said "wow, now that's a hand!" when you showed the set.

BTW, stop playing at this level.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:45 AM

I already said that one benefit of raising river would be to not showdown the hand, but that it wasn't particularly relevant are there are also definitely ADVANTAGES TO SHOWING DOWN THE HAND.

BTW, stop being an ass and post legitimate criticisms and thought processes about the hand in question if you want to be here.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Enlighten me!

why do you play 22 at all when you don't get all your chips in the middle when you hit the set. Are you looking for the four of a kind on the flop to play the twos? As I understand there is no straight or flush possible! Why would you only call him when you have the set, to show the table what a crappy player you are? What would differ if you would have raised on the river and he would have folded, you would still have won the pot. You would just have the table guessing what you had. I bet a few players said "wow, now that's a hand!" when you showed the set.

BTW, stop playing at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he can get villain to 3 barrel him? Don't use such a condescending tone in your posts please, totally uncalled for.