Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: NL50 - Set of Tens on scary board

OP, you flopped a set in a re-raised pot, it's Christmas time. Get it all in on the turn, c/r is cool I guess depending on villain. If he has a flush, ul.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is basically if reraising TT pf is profitable, so are the other hands I mentioned (33 might be more profitable if you just call). Your TT becomes 27 if you bet/fold most flops with it. Best case scenario (ignoring sets because then TT might as well be 33) is you flop an overpair. If you make any kind of non bluff inducing bet you have put close to 1/3 of your stack in. Are you comfortable stacking off with TT on a 379 rainbow board? What if its two-tone?

I like the reraise if the opponent plays straightforward postflop, otherwise it just forces you to play awkwardly. Just calling gives your a SPR of around 20, which makes the hand easier to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Are you comfortable stacking off with TT on a 379 rainbow board?"
No. If I bet that board and somebody raises I figure Im beat.

1010 is not equal to 33 in my opinion. 1010 has a lot more showdown value unimproved.
If I re-raise a BTN raiser from the BB and are called, I proceed with caution. I usually put him on a pocket pair QQ- or a high card combination of A/K/Q. Im doing ok against that range, but its often tricky to play post flop unimproved.
The 298 flop is easy. Unless my opponent folds to my bet I reckon Im beat.
If the flop is something like 45J twotone I make a bet. If Im called I dont like it, but I might still be a head of 77-88-99 and a flush draw. I check the turn and reckon my opponent will check behind if I have him beat. If he has 77-88-99 he just wants to reach the showdown as cheaply as possible, just like me. If 2-3 overcards fall I usually check. Most oppoents with a hand worse than mine will check behind. Draws will often check too because they're afraid of a check-raise.
At NL50 I rarely see players make big moves like the one the villian in this thread did. If I know the BTN raiser is capable of it Im much more likely to just call with 99-JJ.

Since you like to just call, how do you play 1010 from BB unimproved post flop against a BTN raiser?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:48 AM

I don't always just call - it depends on how my opponent plays and how well I know him. If he will never fire the second barrel then my life is easy - c/c flop, check it down. If he occasionally fires a second barrel, I'll evaluate on the turn how likely he is to try to move me off my most likely hand. If he often second barrels, I'll c/c flop, turn, and sometimes river against the right opponent.

I'm having trouble seeing how reraising TT pf then bet/folding most flops is profitable - and if it is profitable, then reraising any two cards is profitable. I know TT has showdown value, but have fun getting to showdown out of position vs an aggressive opponent.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the PF re-raise. A BTN's raising range is usually very wide, so re-raising with 1010 is a must. When he calls his range tightens considerably though.

Great flop for you, but I think your bet too small. I'd bet 12 there probably.
I'd probably lead out on the turn too with about 2/3 of the pot. The club sucks, but this hand is very hard to get away from. You're still ahead of QQ,AJ,KQ and other more unlikely holdings like KJ,A10 and you got 10 outs if he has the flush. You're not getting away from this at NL50 unless you got an extremly good read on your opponent.

BTW, as played I'd push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You reraise preflop and the flop comes A28 rainbow - you're either winning whats already in there, or losing a bit more. KJ7 with a flush draw you'll be folding the best hand a lot of the time oop, etc. If reraising TT pf here is good, reraising 33 or 67s or A4s is better, because you aren't reraising for post flop value, because your hand has very little OOP value vs a good opponent.

Please tell me if my thinking is wrong, could be a major hole in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking is wrong (because you asked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). You are better off with TT here than 33, 55, A4 or whatever else you listed because with TT you have more showdown value than the hands you listed.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having trouble seeing how reraising TT pf then bet/folding most flops is profitable - and if it is profitable, then reraising any two cards is profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didnt mean you should bet any flop with 1010 and always fold to a raise if unimproved. However I do lead out after raising PF most of the time, and if somebody pushes on me its often hard to call unimproved.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the PF re-raise. A BTN's raising range is usually very wide, so re-raising with 1010 is a must. When he calls his range tightens considerably though.

Great flop for you, but I think your bet too small. I'd bet 12 there probably.
I'd probably lead out on the turn too with about 2/3 of the pot. The club sucks, but this hand is very hard to get away from. You're still ahead of QQ,AJ,KQ and other more unlikely holdings like KJ,A10 and you got 10 outs if he has the flush. You're not getting away from this at NL50 unless you got an extremly good read on your opponent.

BTW, as played I'd push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You reraise preflop and the flop comes A28 rainbow - you're either winning whats already in there, or losing a bit more. KJ7 with a flush draw you'll be folding the best hand a lot of the time oop, etc. If reraising TT pf here is good, reraising 33 or 67s or A4s is better, because you aren't reraising for post flop value, because your hand has very little OOP value vs a good opponent.

Please tell me if my thinking is wrong, could be a major hole in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking is wrong (because you asked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). You are better off with TT here than 33, 55, A4 or whatever else you listed because with TT you have more showdown value than the hands you listed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your opponent will let you get to showdown. I see what you are saying though. I hate playing TT/JJ out of position, they tend to lose me money so I try to play small pots with them/go for set value unless against a moron who will felt TP, then I go for the big pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone like a CR here on the flop. I would think that a cbet from a 3 bettor is almost 100%, letting us put in a ton more moneys when we are positive that we are ahead. If he has an over pair, we will probably stack him on the flop, and if he is drawing, we can make it not worth it to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Board too scary to risk giving him free card.

[/ QUOTE ]
How often do you think that you will get a check/check on the flop in a 3 bet pot like this? I wouldnt think much. I would expect most villians to bet a draw here, wanting to take it down without having to improve.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First 3-bet at this table.
haven't played many hands. He seemed very solid...

So flop 11-ish?
After he cold called my bet PF and on the Flop I was really worried about AKs

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is indeed solid then there are very few hands he should have that beat you in my opinion, perhaps AKc, Q9 can surely be ruled out, JJ and QQ seem like the most likely candidates to me, possible with Qc, I actually like a CRAI here, as if he's any good you are ahead about 60/70% of the time, and you might even get the call from QQ with Qc.

Say if he calls he shows you

AKs 1/7th 23%
JJ 3/7ths 2%
QQ with Qc 3/7ths 70%

If this is the case your equity when he’s calling would be 3.3%+ 0.85% + 30% = 34.15%

You’d be pushing $60 to try pick up $46, if he always calls your $46 raise then you have equity of (152-3) x 0.3415 = $50.88 for a loss of $9, if he folds more than 18% of the time and you win 1/3rd when he does call then you are making on the push, make of this what you will, but I CRAI on the turn and if he calls you with more hands than above mentioned you are even better off.

Mack