Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Over 20% of people in the US think the govt knew about 9/11 in adv

[ QUOTE ]
Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought democrats were supposed to be the smart ones [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought democrats were supposed to be the smart ones [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yeah I find this pretty strange. The question linked to the poll is "Did Bush Know About the 9/11 Attacks in Advance?". I think this could mean different things to different people. Tenet is his new book states that he really tried to press the threat of Al Qaeda attacks to the administration in the summer of 2001. But I kind of hard it find to believe that 35% of Democrats would believe that he had specific knowledge of the specific attacks on 9/11.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:49 AM

And 28% still approve of Bush.

Here's one of them: http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_126211106.html

Crazy world huh.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The question linked to the poll is "Did Bush Know About the 9/11 Attacks in Advance?". I think this could mean different things to different people.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly. Almost everyone in this thread so far is being pretty illogical.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Over 20% of people in the US think the govt knew about 9/11 in advance

More than 90% believe in God - what's your point. No one ever said the average person is that bright.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The question linked to the poll is "Did Bush Know About the 9/11 Attacks in Advance?". I think this could mean different things to different people.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly. Almost everyone in this thread so far is being pretty illogical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it means "Do I hate George Bush" to a not-insignificant number of respondents.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 AM

lol, the same theory surrounds FDR and Pearl Harbor. Some contend that he knew it was going to happen, allowed it to happen, knowing it would result in the American people rallying behind him to go to war, ridding the world of an evil dictator.

Exchange the letters FDR for GWB (Bush, not the bridge) Pearl Harbor for 9/11, doesn't sound so bad to me.

Not that I believe this is true (Either of them). But if they were, I wouldn't be too upset about it.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, the same theory surrounds FDR and Pearl Harbor. Some contend that he knew it was going to happen, allowed it to happen, knowing it would result in the American people rallying behind him to go to war, ridding the world of an evil dictator.

Exchange the letters FDR for GWB (Bush, not the bridge) Pearl Harbor for 9/11, doesn't sound so bad to me.

Not that I believe this is true (Either of them). But if they were, I wouldn't be too upset about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
Old 05-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Over 20% of people in the US think the govt knew about 9/11 in advance

Personal attack deleted

It underlies a deep cynicism about the government. I would bet that most of the conspiracy theorists are liberals. I'm sure the anarchists around here will use this as ammo that government sucks, but personally, I blame Bush.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though people who think the Govt knew about 9-11 in advance are idiots, this poll is still important. It underlies a deep cynicism about the government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd agree on both counts.

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet that most of the conspiracy theorists are liberals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that one.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the anarchists around here will use this as ammo that government sucks, but personally, I blame Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why??? I've got a few guesses but I'd rather not.