Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Advice on these 3b pots

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, the let me get this right...our villain 3 bets light frequently we call with TT and the flop is JJJ. We call and the turn peels a queen, how is folding standard? Why isn't he double barreling light again?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the villain and hero have been very aggressive towards eachother, I'd err towards folding the turn (especially if villain knows Zeebo theorem). It's low enough stakes that I wouldn't worry about him 2 barreling without a hand that beats us.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the villain and hero have been very aggressive towards eachother, I'd err towards folding the turn (especially if villain knows Zeebo theorem). It's low enough stakes that I wouldn't worry about him 2 barreling without a hand that beats us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be results oriented, but I just reread this post and his coach just said that they had a pure bluff - A8. I guess it is a fold given the turn card, but what if it peels off an 8 or 9? And also, should we be raising this flop?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be results oriented, but I just reread this post and his coach just said that they had a pure bluff - A8. I mean is this really always a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bluff about 1 in 20 times.. pretty much no one has the balls to double barrel in a 3-bet pot.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:03 AM

I would probably shove these hands on the flop or fold preflop. Think of the one pair hands as 5-out semibluffs. Just calling one street hoping that an aggro villain doesn't fire again isn't great poker. The TT hand is the only one reasonably played, but I shove the flop.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think of the one pair hands as 5-out semibluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, especially hand one with the backdoor draws (which makes us a 27/73 dog instead of 23/77 when called)
Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 AM

if you think he is 3betting light, shove the flop whenever you hit anything. you will find they fold ALOT of the time, and when they call you have 5+ outs.

also if you think he is 3betting light, you can 4bet TT for value
Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM

hand
1 fold pf. If you're not going to, four bet. If you're not going to, I'm not sure what you're looking for in terms of a 'favorable flop' to make moves on but FYI - This is it. You need to raise this flop.

Hand 2 - I'd find a way to felt this every single time against this guy on this board.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be results oriented, but I just reread this post and his coach just said that they had a pure bluff - A8. I guess it is a fold given the turn card, but what if it peels off an 8 or 9? And also, should we be raising this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the turn is an 8 or 9 we probably give up, but the turn Q is a good card for us to make him fold TT and below.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you think he is 3betting light, shove the flop whenever you hit anything. you will find they fold ALOT of the time, and when they call you have 5+ outs.

also if you think he is 3betting light, you can 4bet TT for value

[/ QUOTE ]

4 betting w/ TT for value seems bad since ur only getting action from JJ+ and AK. Its not like there was crazy history here just an occasional light 3-bet in very good spots. taking a flop in position w/ a hand that definitely has villain's range beat is not a bad thing.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:21 AM

also, the first hand where OP has 64cc and we had KQ was discussed heavily while we were deciding what to do on the turn. during our sessions I basically just sweat him and if a tough spot comes up we discuss it and a good chunk of the time I'm not even watching him so I don't have a good feel for the game flow/table dynamics. for example I would have had no idea that you might have been getting frustrated w/ our 3-bets. that said what line would people take here vs. a relative unknown playing ~24/18/2?