Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Early UFC 62 & 63 Lines

[ QUOTE ]
The rumor on Sherdog this morning is that GSP is injured and won't be healthy to fight Hughes at UFC63. Pinnacle no longer has this fight listed so it may be true. I was ridiculing the UFC rematches in a different thread but this was one rematch I couldn't wait to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that would be terrible news. I hope it is inaccurate.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:56 PM

Pinnacle has taken the odds down, but not returned my money. If this fight isn't going to happen, I hope we know before the Forrest fight so I can put that money on him.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:42 PM

GSP health update

Looks like he may fight...
Old 08-20-2006, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GSP health update

Looks like he may fight...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, his only chance is if he's 100%. If he had to limit his training because of that injury (which apparently he did), I put his chances at just above 0.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:37 AM

I don't think many of you are giving GSP enough credit. He was winning the Hughes fight before he got caught with that armbar. He was stuffing Hughes's shot in taking him down and he also landed a beautiful spinning back kick that really hurt Hughes (I don't know why he didn't put the pressure after that one cause Hughes definitely felt it). He didn't look that great against Penn but he got hurt in the first round and battled through the 2nd and 3rd to win the fight. People on this site are sayin Hughes shouldn't be less than a -200 favorite but I just don't see that.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:00 PM

I see the line still isnt back up on pinnacle.

I am curious - can a book cancel prior bets for an injury even if the fight goes on?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:33 PM

A book can basically cancel bets anytime they want to, sadly. it happens all the time. Pinny usually doesn't do that very often though, they're one of the best around. So even if the fight reopens with a widely different line, they'll likely keep the action from the early line open.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see the line still isnt back up on pinnacle.

I am curious - can a book cancel prior bets for an injury even if the fight goes on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt GSP will be taking this fight. Just a gut feeling that he's not going to be ready and doesn't want to risk another loss to MH. He's young, he's got plenty of time. The UFC will probably tap BJ to replace him, since BJ's ready to fight anybody anytime.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Sherdog seems to think that they are going to fight. But it would suck to have the fight with GSP at anything less than 100% because its going to give his fans an excuse. Not that GSP/Hughes 3 probably won't happen anyways regardless of outcome...

So if they do substitute BJ, I really wonder what they're going to do when - ok, IF for all you Hughes fanboys [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - Penn sub's Hughes again.

Have Hughes fight GSP and then the winner fight Penn again?

Have GSP / Penn 2, then let Hughes fight the winner?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So if they do substitute BJ, I really wonder what they're going to do when - ok, IF for all you Hughes fanboys [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - Penn sub's Hughes again.

[/ QUOTE ]

pending the invention of a time machine, im not going to lose any sleep over that scenario.

penn's peak came and went a lonnnnnnnnnnng time ago, while hughes looks stronger and faster every time i see him fight.

i think gsp is going to bloody hughes up for a round or two before he gasses, with hughes subbing him directly into the food chain late in round 4.