Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Poor Lavar

Uhhh are people really wondering why people drive motorcycles? OMG THEY R TEH DANGERUZ!

The reasons are potentially myriad:

Cheaper
Funner
Quicker (at acceleration)
Cheaper
Get you more P***y (sometimes)
Cheaper
Funner

I mean seriously. Stop this motorcycles r bad nonsense. If some idiot chooses to not wear a helmet, natural selection would kick in in some other manner eventually anyway.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not arguing that if you get in an accident on a motorcycle you'll be more likely to be more injured. That I understand. But I got the impression people were saying being on a motorcycle allows for a greater chance for an accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you are saying kyro. The real problem is that most people are bad at driving cars and motorcycles. Cars are slightly more forgiving then motorcycles. I think that more training or schooling on riding a motorcycle is needed then driving a car. I would just be curious how many hours of training/riding guys like Jason Williams, Kellen Winslow, and Lavar Arrington had before there accidents.

Up for another discussion, but I have been in accidents in cars and been forced (or by choice) got right back in as cars have always been a major source of transportation for me. I wonder how many people get in a motorcycle accident (severe, close call, or whatever) actually get back on that bike; if ever.

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

If Arrington wasn't wearing a helmet and was racing around like an artard, then yeah, wtf you numbskull.

In general though, the hate on motorcycling seems ignorant.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:36 PM

^^i'll give u that kyro, i admit i was focusing more on 'motorcycles are for stupid people and if u get hit, ur [censored]' than the actual driving of them, so yea, some ignorance here...

i'm bad (or maybe lazy) with stats, but is there any way to show that motorcycles in their operation are more dangerous than cars?? am i being dumb for thinking sharp turns, etc are more difficult/dangerous for motercycles than for cars??
Old 06-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Also, the only people who generally die in automobile/motorcycle accidents are those who CHOOSE to ride a bike.

In auto wrecks (especially those involving drinking), enough damage with the giant car can be done that both internal passengers, and passengers in other cars can die whom are otherwise innocent.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently your roommate claims you had zero excuses other then catching that one episode of "Unwrapped" on FoodTv you missed last season.

???

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I don't watch FoodTv. My roommate never misses an episode of Hell's Kitchen however.

I think I was chillin' w/ my g/f on Friday night but I'll be there next time (probably).
Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 PM

The real problem with motorcycles is that you have A) 2 wheels instead of 4 and B) a couple inches of leather as what is between you and concrete instead of several tons of reinforced metal. You could be the most responsible motorcyclist in the world but its still a stupid decision because you are putting yourself at the mercy of all the other terrible drivers out there. They hit you through no fault of your own, you die or get mangled.

It's everyone's choice if they do or not, but I never would. My life is worth too much to take stupid risks like that.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:05 PM

The thing about bikes is this:

When te only thing I do that makes me money is key to my physical health, riding something without a lot of margin for error is a pretty bad idea.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhh are people really wondering why people drive motorcycles? OMG THEY R TEH DANGERUZ!

The reasons are potentially myriad:

Cheaper
Funner
Quicker (at acceleration)
Cheaper
Get you more P***y (sometimes)
Cheaper
Funner

I mean seriously. Stop this motorcycles r bad nonsense. If some idiot chooses to not wear a helmet, natural selection would kick in in some other manner eventually anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

if being exponentially more dangerous/deadly to use for transportation that cars isn't bad, what is it?

i'm certainly not arguing that motorcycles should be illegal, or anything like that.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope he isn't seriously hurt.

I don't know why people ride motorcycles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because motorcycles are f'ing awesome.

Seems like there are a lot of athletes that wreck them, though. I suspect a lot of them are overconfident and ride outside their ability/don't take the safety courses/etc...
Old 06-18-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm bad (or maybe lazy) with stats, but is there any way to show that motorcycles in their operation are more dangerous than cars?? am i being dumb for thinking sharp turns, etc are more difficult/dangerous for motercycles than for cars??

[/ QUOTE ]

An expert motorcycle rider can take corners much more easily than any car.

Motorcycles are more nimble than cars in general, and much better at accelerating/decelerating.

The trouble is that you need a whole different skill set than driving a car, and if you put a n00b on a powerful bike they have a very good chance of getting owned.

I have about 6,000 miles of riding experience, and I am EXTREMELY cautious on the road. I basically stick to city streets and I don't trust ANY car to actually see me. If I see someone with the potential to turn left in front of me, I make sure to give myself space slow down safely or swerve to avoid them in the worst case scenario. I also make sure to stay out of blind spots, I never blow past anyone, and I take corners at a speed I know I can manage. Those are the best ways to stay out of trouble on a bike.

Of course it's still dangerous, and there's still the risk that I could be blindsided in spite of all my cafeful driving, but I think I've minimized that risk as much as possible.