Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: My top 12 in order

I think its a little early to have put my top 12 in order, however, I do stand by the 12 I selected. As the weeks continue I plan on adding comments about my selections and the selections of others. I think how good a contestant is at song selection is always the toughest thing in this competition to predict. Genre nights are where we really get to see how good each person really is. The really good ones pass with flying colors, while the others show their weaknesses and faulter.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Genre nights are where we really get to see how good each person really is. The really good ones pass with flying colors, while the others show their weaknesses and faulter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...that is where someone is made or broken in this contest.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to rank them but I will give you my view on where they stand in my eyes right now.

Group 1. Melinda - Heads above the rest. She has shown both the diva in her and the softer side. She nailed both.

Group 2. Jordin and Sabrina. Some think Jordin was off last night but I loved it. She has great potential and will keep improving each week but wont catch Melinda due to age and experience. Sabrina surprised me last night. That performance moved her up the list. I could see myself listening to that on the radio.

Group 3. LaKisha. She can belt it out with the best of them. In week 1 she was absolutely awesome except for that final note. I cringed at the very end of that song. Last night did not sound good at all to me. She sounded off.

Group 4. Brandon and Blake. I like Brandon but he has chosen poor songs that do not allow him to show what he can do. Blake is interesting. I do not like his type of music but he is entertaining.

Group 5. Chris S, Sundance, and Leslie. Chris S is just okay. I have liked most of his songs but he just does not stand out enough to me to move him up the list. I have a love-hate for Sundance. I love him when he does his blues thing but hate him when he does not. Not enough consistency in him. Also listening to his interviews, it seems he is just along for the ride at this point. He keeps mentioning he didn't think he would get this far. I really like Leslie and would move her up the list if she actually had a chance. I like her style. She is low on the list because she has no real shot to win this thing but none-the-less I like her music.

Group 6. The rest. Nothing worth mentioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jordin and Stephanie impressed me last night. I now feel Sabrina's best performance may be last week. I would rate the girls:

Best - Doolittle (vocally absolutely stunning last night)

Slightly Behind - Stephanie / Lakisha / Jordin (Stephanie is a great performer, and her vocals on "Dangerously Living" were spot on, very good overall. Last week I rated her a notch below Sabrina.)

Others - Sabrina (not going to get better, competition is too stiff also), the other girls were completely whatever to bad for me.

The hate for Richardson in this forum is palpable... I like him and haven't sold yet. I think vocally he is much better than people are giving him credit for. I am gambling on this Timberlake clone... the DialIdol numbers kind of freak me out but we shall see.

People on board with Brandon... why? Cause he was Usher's backup singer?

-Al
Old 03-01-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stupid freakish novelties who have no place in the competition

[/ QUOTE ]

like taylor hicks.

I really can't see how any of the guys could be considered in the 6 at this point.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Aloysius,
Agree 100% about Melinda and Sabrina...I was very impressed with Sabrina the first show (because I didn't think she'd be that good) but now she just sounds like she is yelping out the song and not REALLY singing it. Oh also agree about Stephanie.

But not about Richardson, who I will refer to as "Cliffhanger" Richardson from now on because I keep waiting for his high, shrill voice to break into a yodel.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:11 PM

Jiggy - haha yes I know you and Joker *really* are not fans of Richardson. I just need his ass to not get voted off I am gambooling I know but am hoping there is still some value there... good argument to dump right now tho...

I also think Blake is going to be exposed for the weak vocalist he is (possibly the "genre" night) but he has a strong fan base it seems.

-Al
Old 03-01-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

People on board with Brandon... why? Cause he was Usher's backup singer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I bought him for pure value. I saw him at 5 and grabbed him. Although afterward I wondered if he was priced that low because he had already been filmed. I am a sucker.

As for ranks, to my mostly untrained ear (I can hear the pitch but have no idea about the singing), it seems like he sings as well or better than any other guy. Also he is probably the most confident on stage, like he belongs there. He's the only guy who seems bigger than the stage sometimes. His bad song choice was bourne of overconfidence but in a few weeks the producers would get to him. In short, if all 8 guys did the same song, I think Brandon would be the best or second best.

It doesn't matter anyway, because it looks like he's going home. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Disjunction - oh I meant at this point in the competition why would anyone be on board with Brandon... I can see why you grabbed him at 5 last week or so.

I think his whole background singer thing really influenced voters, as well as the constant chirping from the judges ("Brandon, you are a great singer"). He never really showed it, maybe save for his very first audition.

I find his voice to be a bit nasally in tone, and he's proven to have terrible song choice, kind of moves on stage like a robot or something, and is completely charisma-less to me. Kind of like a black "Ken doll" vibe.

Somewhat amusing, in his post-performance interview, how in response to Simon saying he needs to show off his vocal skills, Brandon says "well next week won't be a dedication week". If DialIdol is right won't really matter buddy...

-Al
Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 PM

Unfortunatly, there has to be a top 6 for the men. In reality all the men should be gone. The men are just not good enough this year. There really is just a competition between the women. The stars are the women. The men are just average. Nothing special. The black ladies and the mixed black ladies are the talent. ANd that's where the winner will come from. The men are just along for the ride becasue the rules say there has to be 6 men. A couple of the women are already of star quality. The men are just amateurs here. They may as well book their flights already cause in 7 weeks there will be only 1-2 men left eith 4-6 women.

go Lakisha Jones!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:42 PM

Brandon is a good singer. One of the best males.

But I never bought into it because I don't see who his audience is. From a peronality standpoint he is just about even with other losers like AJ, Phil, and Rudy.

Good voice, but nothing else there.