Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: AJs Hand In the BB

ILP, I agree with you in principle that you should check a lot of hands EP multiway for exactly the reasons you stated but there are still a number of B&M games in which people will have A7o here and check behind with it. On a side note, people in B&Ms often pay enough attention that the deception helps when you check KK-TT here.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ILP, I agree with you in principle that you should check a lot of hands EP multiway for exactly the reasons you stated but there are still a number of B&M games in which people will have A7o here and check behind with it. On a side note, people in B&Ms often pay enough attention that the deception helps when you check KK-TT here.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my PFR range in this spot is gonna be 88,AQo,ATs,KTs,QTs,JTs and sometimes A8s+any two suited cards 9 or above. As you can see I'm gonna have a lot of BS in this spot, which means I will be raising preflop and checking alot of flops in this spot. So when I check in this situation, players who are paying attention will know that I dont have much most of the time. So this dynamic certainly helps me those times I have an overpair or top pair. But besides that, I am checking my top pair hands in this spot becuz I believe its the best play in this situation. If people after me are checking top pair hands frequently then I will adjust my strategy accordingly, but like I said before I didnt know these type of games still existed at 5-10 or above.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:58 AM

Can somebody tell me why exactly we are folding here?

MP bets the turn because Hero showed weakness by checking, HJ sees this and is raising with his A3s knowing he needs to spike a 2 or scare the better hand out?

This is a really big pot, do we give up now when a Jack gives us the best hand and we still might be in the lead anyway?

If we don't think we are in the lead, why are we 3 betting the flop?

I guess I don't see why the turn card scares us that much.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

MP bets the turn because Hero showed weakness by checking, HJ sees this and is raising with his A3s knowing he needs to spike a 2 or scare the better hand out?

This is a really big pot, do we give up now when a Jack gives us the best hand and we still might be in the lead anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

He three bet the flop because he thought he was in the lead. After the MP calls and the HJ caps on a not so draw heavy board it becomes apparent he probably is behind. On the turn MP bets into the flop capper and HJ raises again. I think at this point there is ample evidence that not only are you behind, but you are probably drawing very thin to dead.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because HJ knows Hero has an Ace and doesn't care. Live players at SS generally don't raise one pair hands on the big streets. They're also unlikely to cap the flop with just one pair against a guy who raised out of the blinds with a bad ace.