FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Re: How to play a combo draw?

This thread is local news coverage?
Old 05-05-2006, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok,i forgot to mention, that this is 6max.
No reads yet, i recently joined the table and i slightly cover the raiser who has a little less than full buy-in.

So, the main advice i got from all the replies is "fold preflop, but as played - check-raise with check-calling in second place"?

And yea, he has a set of TT on this one....

[/ QUOTE ]

You posted a beat hand and insulted people who replied to it (including yvesaint)...

[ QUOTE ]
douche

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-05-2006, 12:31 PM

How would you play a set here?

In this hand, my preference is to lead out and either push or call depending on the raise (if any). The three-bet has the advantage of folding equity if the PFR fears the set possibility. I would be leading out on this flop with a set in case the PFR had the flush draw. What makes good tough players is the difficulty in putting them on hands -- they will lead out into pre-flop raisers with both good draws and very strong hands.

If you lead out and are called and the turn hits either two pair or a flush, lead again. If you miss on the turn, either pot it or check call/fold depending on the action and reads. Equity goes down substantially on a missed turn and you are hoping for folding equity if you pot it on a missed turn and relying on implied odds if you do hit on the river. I would be check-folding a missed river though.

Very occasionally it is good to play hands like this up front (sometimes for a raise) simply to broaden the range of potential hands that people will put you on. If you only play premium hands and pocket pairs up front, it would be easy to put you on a set when you lead/three bet.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:43 PM

Folding preflop is weak. It's only $5 more and the pot is 4 way. Only set miners who are playing 8 tables fold here because they don't want to have to make any decisions. I'd lead for about 2/3 of the pot here. If we get raised by the original raiser, move in. You should have a ton of fold equity and the only hand that has you in really bad shape is a set of Tens.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok,i forgot to mention, that this is 6max.
No reads yet, i recently joined the table and i slightly cover the raiser who has a little less than full buy-in.

So, the main advice i got from all the replies is "fold preflop, but as played - check-raise with check-calling in second place"?

And yea, he has a set of TT on this one....

[/ QUOTE ]

You posted a beat hand and insulted people who replied to it (including yvesaint)...

[ QUOTE ]
douche

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't tell a difference between hand, where i wanted genuine analysis and posted the results later, and a beat story, than you are a moron.
And i insulted in this thread noone, but you.

I am gonna say this one last time - either have someone useful to say about the hand or don't bother to post.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

great post!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:56 PM

Oh no...what will i do now?
Old 05-05-2006, 01:18 PM

Listen man,
you have been a dick in this thread with what is a relatively simple question and answer.
A) Playing hands like this OOP is a leak. Pure and simple. Calling preflop is no good. FOld that [censored], or if you must, reraise it. However, fold 90+% of the time
B) Ok, you've hit a fd and a pair-whoopee!!! Now that you're a big mean 200nl player you should be able to spot when/which players will fold OP's and who will not. See the 1st post in this thread for that answer.
C) Don't be condescending for no good reason. He posted near perfect advice and you berated him for no good reason. His understanding of the game (in this matter) is higher than yours, so shut the hell up.

Regards,
Crosse91
Old 05-05-2006, 01:31 PM

I agree he was a dick, and actually thought it was funny that the guy he insulted gave pretty good advice. But I really disagree that you should not play this hand from the blind for $4 more here. He hit a nice flop that is ahead of the villians range. So he is in an +EV situation and the only question is what is the most +EV way to pay this. And to OP, you are being ridiculously results oriented in addition to being a dick. So this time villian had TT and top set. Other times he could have AA, other times he could have 99, other times he could have AK. I think at 200NL against an unknown you should be bet/three betting this all-in 60% of the time and check/calling 40% of the time. As you go higher you should be more willing to bet/3-bet all-in..
Old 05-05-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Listen man,
you have been a dick in this thread with what is a relatively simple question and answer.
A) Playing hands like this OOP is a leak. Pure and simple. Calling preflop is no good. FOld that [censored], or if you must, reraise it. However, fold 90+% of the time
B) Ok, you've hit a fd and a pair-whoopee!!! Now that you're a big mean 200nl player you should be able to spot when/which players will fold OP's and who will not. See the 1st post in this thread for that answer.
C) Don't be condescending for no good reason. He posted near perfect advice and you berated him for no good reason. His understanding of the game (in this matter) is higher than yours, so shut the hell up.

Regards,
Crosse91

[/ QUOTE ]

A)Thanks for the advice, but regarding B, you didn't answer what is the best way in your opinion to make him fold his overpair - lead out or c/r.

B)Where did you all see a beration of Andrew?
I simply pointed out that he plays very low stakes (in fact, i saw a thread he started a few days ago, asking for people to send him 4 cents so that he can have 20 cents in Stars account) and the strategy here is different.
Have i cursed him or offended him in any way?
I even mentioned, that i don't mean any disrespect for him in my reply.
I repeat - if i would suddenly decide to go to high stakes forum and give strategy advices, i would expect to be flamed away.
That is all there is to it.
Closed Thread